Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who own the bore tide? this guy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrap View Post
    Although I am a big guy, look fairly intimidating and a person most wouldn't care to mess with; my dad taught me early on that no matter how bad, how tough you think you are, there is always someone badder and tougher than you. Good wisdom to live by, IMO.
    Concur!

Maybe a little less harsh comeback to the "I was born here" dude would be: Hey dude, I have T-shirts older than you!

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Concur!

Maybe a little less harsh comeback to the "I was born here" dude would be: Hey dude, I have T-shirts older than you!
    I love it. I believe I could say that with certainty and truth to anyone under 30.....

When folks say "I was born here", (unless they are indigenous) means their parents or their grandparents had the wherewithal to pull up stakes and move here......And if it weren't for them they would still be in bum **** elsewhere............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    When folks say "I was born here", (unless they are indigenous) means their parents or their grandparents had the wherewithal to pull up stakes and move here......And if it weren't for them they would still be in bum **** elsewhere............
    Thanks for that Gramps, I never liked that term much either. When a born and raised gives a bunch of flack to someone who wasn't, they don't realize they are talking to someone just like their parents/grandparents were. Been here ten years, still here this BS.....and probably will continue to.....funny, they still take some halibut or moose when I offer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123