Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who own the bore tide? this guy does.

Thanks Mainer! Makes me want to point my gun in the air and go AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Thanks Mainer! Makes me want to point my gun in the air and go AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
    woaaah! calm down mountain man....take you a trip through the desert.......on a horse with no name:

ron drummond from the book: The Art of Waveriding. the guy passed away in 1996. The guy liked to do it "canadian canoe style" eehhhhh?

1940's:

Sorry boyz, Nazi dude just sold me all the waves for a right good price and they are now off limits to everyone except me until I determine a fair price for tourist season. I am thinking of selling them inthe Swap and Sell forum or just putting individual passes on Ebay.

oh, and if you are out there tresspassing on my waves and see Nazi boy please remind him that he sold his waves to me.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

" Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    woaaah! calm down mountain man....take you a trip through the desert.......on a horse with no name:

Rent "Hot Fuzz" sometime and all will be revealed
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

It made the Alaska Dispatch (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...ore-tide-video). Guy's gonna be famous. Well, famous in Alaska, anyway.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

HA... wave's congested, that's like comparing the Glenn to LA's 405...
    Try Santa Cruz, or being a boogie boarder.... yeah, there were a number of places it was VERY clear we weren't wanted and frankly, later thinking about it, some were nice enough to point out the break and why it wasn't a boogie spot, and give directions to a few good spots.

that, ***, why ruin a good ride?

Quote Originally Posted by mlshore View Post
    ...Guy's gonna be famous. Well, famous in Alaska, anyway.
    Famous like Palin?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I give this guy respect. Every man has his own rush..
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Famous like Palin?
    All right - score!
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Looks like he made the ADN with Julia O'Malley http://www.adn.com/2013/07/02/296186...lly-needs.html

Maybe Taggart has the right idea - "We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em."
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

One good video deserves another! Let's hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenpilot View Post
    This video needs to go viral in the local community...this cat will be mocked right off his own turf!!!

Maybe he should put up a booth and start charging tolls for taking the highway down the arm...put some meters in for parking.

You played it pretty cool...Kudos for that! Most guys I know would have sank the f'er, or at least widened his smile.

Been surfing my hole life in SoCal and HI. Funny, this attitude is all over the surfing world. I don't take lightly to guys like this. You handled this much better than I. That man would have had three busted fins on his board and found out how good his fiberglass repair skills are.

i think the publicity alone might fix this prob. angry surfer will probably be afraid to show his face around there and now hes probably got a sign on his back that people may mess with him intentionally. surfing etiquette not withstanding there is no room for people with this kind of attitude when you are trying to enjoy the outdoors. i've seen people beaten senseless for far less this angry guy has been very lucky so far. you run your mouth too long to people you don't know you're playing a risky game. there is always someone tougher than you who just may not give a F. great video by the way. sorry the day was ruined.

Either way I hope someone called 911 on these guys for just being out there. It is VERY dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Rent "Hot Fuzz" sometime and all will be revealed
    It's for the greater good. ["The greater good."] SHUT IT!

God I love that movie.

Edit: Holy Crap, I thought I'd never post in the surfing forum.

What a bloody d-bag. Congrats to you for keeping your temper. Let's hope he pulls that same baloney with a State Trooper: "Hey, get off the road, I was born here!" and the Trooper gives him a pair of "I was born here" bracelets.

"I was born here". Love that crap. So were 90% of the bums on 5th and Ingra.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    "I was born here". Love that crap. So were 90% of the bums on 5th and Ingra.
    That is classic!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    i think the publicity alone might fix this prob. angry surfer will probably be afraid to show his face around there and now hes probably got a sign on his back that people may mess with him intentionally. surfing etiquette not withstanding there is no room for people with this kind of attitude when you are trying to enjoy the outdoors. i've seen people beaten senseless for far less this angry guy has been very lucky so far. you run your mouth too long to people you don't know you're playing a risky game. there is always someone tougher than you who just may not give a F. great video by the way. sorry the day was ruined.
    Although I am a big guy, look fairly intimidating and a person most wouldn't care to mess with; my dad taught me early on that no matter how bad, how tough you think you are, there is always someone badder and tougher than you. Good wisdom to live by, IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast