Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who own the bore tide? this guy does.

Default Who own the bore tide? this guy does.

For 2 days now we have had problems with this guy. Yesterday we had people filming from shore and he had no one near him but after it was over proceeded to tear into a paddle boarder who was 1st on the wave and rode it almost all the way back. one wave 10 people ya it gets congested. I spotted him today and clearly changed all direction so he could have the inside where the better end of the wave was and got out of his way. he came to me and started yelling and screaming (the first time i look over is when he starts in), as you can see i tried top peel the other direction. After i gave him the bird a few times he was really mad and then came at me and shot his board at me with fins. Uncool. Then he told me he was born here and its his wave. now i clearly understand, if anyone wants to ride the bore tide in the next few days please ask this guy for permission. Everyone else in the water has been super friendly and helpful to each other. If you happen to know this guy please tell him to chill out because no ones happy with him.

Great video. Does he own turny pass too?

I just hope he doesnt take his wave and go home. Im not sure how high up his property line goes but i would think he does.

What a tool..... But you missed the golden opportunity to say this

Rediculous...It must have been tough for his mom, giving birth in the inlet and all. Someone needs to tell ol' poseidon to calm down, it'll be hard to surf the bore tide from jail after he injures someone with that board!

You control your temper better than I do

Epic grown man fail! Shut up I was born here this is my f-n wave ! Haha

It never ceases to amaze me how some people seem to think that just because they were born here that they deserve special treatment. I bet his mom or dad wasn't born here. I'd bet his grandparents or greats came over on one boat or another just like most the rest of ours did. What a freekin' nut job......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

"Stay off my wave! Goons trying to drop in." Quote from the Movie Point Break.

Karma is a b#$%h, something bad will happen to that clown.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Where's Henry Rollins when you need him?

Kudos to the OP for staying much calmer than I woulda been.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Kudos to the OP for staying much calmer than I woulda been.....
    I hear that.......I had to laugh when the op calmly said...."You own a wave?...??"

You guys got it wrong.

Fighting for "your wave" is a plot as old as a 50's/60's california beach movie. Old stuff.

The best way to get back at him good is to smile, say "you have a great day too!" and then never give him a second glance, unless your boards come close.... in which case, take'm out. A good kick to the board underneath him will work, or likely just offering to take the action, might must knock him right off his board (and his wave).

Quote Originally Posted by jnanam View Post
    I just hope he doesnt take his wave and go home. Im not sure how high up his property line goes but i would think he does.
    hey, can I borrow your stay-warm suit tomorrow? I have a stand-up paddle that i'm itching to test out. I'm scared of what it will do though.....I hope it don't break no teeth. I want to try this surfing thing. but I don't play nice others. anyhow, I'm 6 ft/200 lbs. do those suits strechy? I was thinking of making my own go-pro video. I promise it will be hilarious!

let me know:
    907-903-2101

Default lets see who's wave it is...

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I was thinking of making my own go-pro video. I promise it will be hilarious!
    I would pay money to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    hey, can I borrow your stay-warm suit tomorrow? I have a stand-up paddle that i'm itching to test out. I'm scared of what it will do though.....I hope it don't break no teeth. I want to try this surfing thing. but I don't play nice others. anyhow, I'm 6 ft/200 lbs. do those suits strechy? I was thinking of making my own go-pro video. I promise it will be hilarious!

let me know:
    907-903-2101
    You gonna change your screen name to Johnny Utah?
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    You gonna change your screen name to Johnny Utah?
    heck no! I was surfing waves back to shore on hidden lake.......and I was a bit scared. After I realized I was doing about 10-15 mph and still alive......it was exhilarating. If that nazi-lookin dude is there........should be hilarious! you know? I'll ask him to get off my wave......I'm trying to get to tyonek.

The canoe has floatation pods........so I want to test out my new standing paddles. I just don't want my nut sack climbing up into my abdomen, so I'm hoping someone will loan my a keep-warm suit.

I only get gassy when I mix garbanzo beans in with my moose n rice.....I can with-hold the roughage for a couple days......so I don't get all gassy in someone elses suit.

here some johny utah for you..... old man!

Once the guy said it was his wave i had realized i was dealing with a 5 year old and it was worthless to argue with him and changed my attitude. The dude is going to end up hurting someone, if those fins or board would of hit me they would of cut like a knife or knocked me out im sure. Last night i was told by yet another person out there he was also threatened the day after this video was shot.

Last night on our section we were all packed in the same wave and had a good time. No one got mad or had temper tantrums. Sorry mainer i think my suit is a little small and will be in use again tonight.

Attachment 71769

This video needs to go viral in the local community...this cat will be mocked right off his own turf!!!

Maybe he should put up a booth and start charging tolls for taking the highway down the arm...put some meters in for parking.

You played it pretty cool...Kudos for that! Most guys I know would have sank the f'er, or at least widened his smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanam View Post
    Once the guy said it was his wave i had realized i was dealing with a 5 year old and it was worthless to argue with him and changed my attitude. The dude is going to end up hurting someone, if those fins or board would of hit me they would of cut like a knife or knocked me out im sure. Last night i was told by yet another person out there he was also threatened the day after this video was shot.

Attachment 71769
    If he's constantly threatening people the troopers should have a talk with him.....

Lol so I was just reading an article in the newsminer about woodstoves and came across this awesome quote...

I was born here
    ... my parents moved here for the (at the time) relatively clean air. How about you move out of the state I was born in, and take your polluting boilers with you. KK? Thx, bai

SO we know know who owns the waves and who owns the air..... anyone else know someone born here that owns some stuff?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast