Thread: New to Black Bear Baiting

Post New to Black Bear Baiting

I recently just came from a black bear hunt and after a lengthy discussion of the pros and cons of baiting and just looking around a mountain side I was given the amazing opportunity to go to a bait station and get some advice and help from a fellow forum member. The experience alone was great and after killing my first black bear i decided to give it a shot. Im starting to acquire all the things I need for a spot such a barrels and trail cameras for next bait season but was wondering if someone needs a bait partner in GMU 14 or somewhere nearby. Like all people post on here I too am not looking to steal anyone's hot spot but I know that hunting alone is something i don't like due to a close encounter on one of my first hunting trips here in AK. If anyone is interested in helping me out you can email me at trick_gt@yahoo.com or reply within the forum. Thanks

I have some barrels 2 very nice ladder stands that I may be willing to part with as I am leaving the state next week for a few years before I retire and move back. if you have a wheeler and want to help tare down i will cut you a screaming deal

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

i actually don't have a wheeler at the moment. just my 4 wheel drive P/U. I was thinking about buying one when it becomes winter and hopefully get a good deal since no one would buy one just to have it sit for 3 months.......or so I think.

AAHH...retirement...sounds so sweet doesn't it? 14 more days. I might take you up on the stands and if I can help out the other guy we might be looking at a package deal..

I will return next month, maybe we can work something out. Let me know what area we are taljing about getting back in to. Shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    I have some barrels 2 very nice ladder stands that I may be willing to part with as I am leaving the state next week for a few years before I retire and move back. if you have a wheeler and want to help tare down i will cut you a screaming deal
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I have been here since 2011 and found out my extension to my ETS in 2017 got approved. Alaska is the place I get to stay for the rest of my career and after. nothing better than that.

Martinezpj,

I've been looking for a baiting . I moved up here back in May so I'm not familiar with the zones yet but if that's near you in Wasilla I would definately be . If you haven't found someone PM me. Might even be able to meet up one . I work on the Elmo side.

Thanks,

Jim