Thread: Fly fishing around Valdez

Default Fly fishing around Valdez

We're heading down to Valdez for a few days soon. We make it down a few time every year and do the normal halibut/salmon on my buddies boat. We always do well, and it s a blast. However, this year I'd like to do some different things for once. Does anyone have any information about fly fishing any of the local areas around Valdez? I know there are some stocked lakes (rainbows I believe) around the area. What about any of the local streams? I did a little research and saw that you can get into some Dollies. Anyone with any ideas or information? PM me if your willing to share!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

This time of year the Robe river is it, earlierin the spring and later in the fall I could mention a couple other places. The Robe gets salmon and dollies and the bears hit hard, so be very aware and alert if you fish it.

Most streams are flooded right now with run off. It might be a while before things slow down. Lowe is high. Tazlina is high, as is everything else.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks for the info fellas!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

any updates? headed in tonight
    NRA life Member JVJ