Thread: Some Powder found...

Default Some Powder found...

Spent the day in Homer today and popped by The Gear Shed and they had a variety of powders on the shelf. Didn't write things down but saw 1# Varget, 2# H4895, 3# IMR 4895 , 3# H110, Titewad, H1000, Retumbo, 3# Trail Boss, and several pounds of misc IMR powders...No Reloader powders though. Powders were going for around the $33.00/#... Just passin' on in case you're lookin'!

Wasilla Sportsmans has powder and primers today 6/25, all assorted types Hogdons, IMR, Winchester, Viht......No reloader.

I was in Great Northern Guns today and they had 2 1/2 cases of Varget and some other type of IMR powders

I'm just waiting to see some CCI 250 Large Rifle Magnum primers. They got a bunch of small rifle magnums today, hopefully next week the large rifle comes in. Plus waiting for some federal match large rifle, and large rifle magnum. I'm glad to see it all coming in though. I've got 7 pounds of various powders over the last week.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Thanks for the heads up! I managed to score a brick of CCI 450 which will work fine in my 6.8SPC.

Good to hear, I was just getting ready to post that I've seen powder and primers in 3 stores in Washington this past week. They also had at least some loaded ammo of nearly all calibers. 22lr is still hard to find although I did see it on the shelf in one store. Seems things are cooling off down here a bit.

Apparently Homer still has a lot of powder left, my buddy picked some up for me...They had a good variety too.

Yah, I'm pretty tired of this.

I was lucky to score a 5 pound keg of RE-15, but I've been shooting more RE19 and RE22 lately and I'm getting pretty low on both. Still have enough primers, but for crying out loud this is crazy. I saw some guy at the range today shooting 300 WSM Fail Safes because that's all the store that he went to had in stock. How about the industry send some stock to a state that actually shoots and hunts. I can picture shelves bursting with ammo and reloading supplies in a state like CA, MD, or MA while our shelves are bare. If only I had a gun in 6.5X284, I could clean out Sportsmans in Anchorage!

Thanks, Footedshaft, for the tip. I called down there, and he said he still had some Varget, and that he would put two jars under the counter for me. Went down yesterday and sure enough he had done that. He told me that while I was talking to him on the phone, some other guy had asked for Varget, but he was already putting them away for me. I'm set for awhile.
    Looks like the stock is low now, and he said KGS might just get out of the gun aspect of business because it is getting too complicated. Sad.

Sportsmans Wasilla has assorted RELOADER powder of good quantities, got delivered today....come get 'em

Got me some bullseye and some RL 15. I had the last pound of RL 17 in my hand, but decided to put it back for somebody who really needed it. Good to see more and more powder back on the shelves.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

missed that last pound of RL17, the guy behind me in line got the last one...there were a few RL 15's left, some shotgun powder in kegs and a couple pounds of generic pistol powder...thanks for the update kahahawai