Thread: 800 Ranger restrictor plate

Default 800 Ranger restrictor plate

If you own a Ranger with the 800 on some models the have installed a restrictor plate on the engine (Polaris part #5253217)and I would recommend removing it. I took mine off and it is amazing how much it restricted the engine and now runs so much better, I think it was an afterthought because of emissions since it is not on all models. I takes a 40 mm torx tamper proof bit to get the bolts out just remove the bolts slide it out put the gasket back (it sticks to the plate so I scraped it off) and retighten, you should have much better throttle response, greater top end and but overall just runs cleaner.

yes, on the 6x6 and crew's removing the restrictor really helps throttle response. in 2010 they had the restrictor plate in 2011 they switched to a donut in the air intake. Mines been off for years, snorkled and runs top notch. It's a good quick performance upgrade for free.

Thanks for the tip! Just pulled the donut out of my 2013 6x6 Ranger. Big difference! On my machine the donut is in the air intake...loosen a hose clamp, pull the air intake hose, and pull the donut out...quick and easy.

Got a 2011 ranger 800 4x4, so guess my (restrictor) is the donut in the air intake not on the engine?

affirmative, if it's a hd, I don't believe the regular xp's had restrictors. the 6x6, crews and Hd's all were limited to 40 hp, but pep right up when you remove the restrictor.

I have a 2011 big boss 6x6 dos anyone know if it has one ?
    I am not home right now to look and see

The Sportsmans don't have a restrictor.

Anyone know if the 2013 900 ranger have a restrictor?