Thread: Another launch by Deshka Landing

Default Another launch by Deshka Landing

I've used this place 3 years now with the exception of last year when I got stupid and bought a summer pass at Deshka. People there are nice, friendly and the place is kept clean and neat. Launch is only $15 and camping is $10 in their treed camp loop with tables and fire rings. It is very quiet. Only problem is on the slough access to the river in late low water there is some mud to cross. Just makes it more fun for a airboat. The owner2riverside.jpg1riverside.jpgwill be sure and tell you about the mud if you are launching, most of the time like today, no problem at all, all deep water. Slough comes out right next to Deshka jetty. Give it a try, you might like it. Nice quiet place. Bud
    Wasilla

What happen's when your gone for the weekend and the water drop's and you can't get back up the slough?

You park at deshka landing boat launch and walk to your truck and pull your boat at deshka landing. I like using there launch better.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I prefer Deshka Landing also. Lots of parking room ,heated bathrooms, changing rooms, store, free coffee, plug-ins for your truck, handicap access ramp, outhouse down by the water, webpage with updates on conditions and current weather, knowledgable staff, camera on premisis, no worries about a mud slough to navigate back up, etc.....
    AKblackdawg, if I remember correctly the reason you didn't use your pass last year was due to a blown motor in your boat.....had nothing to do with the landing. I'm glad you found an alternative that your happy with though.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    I prefer Deshka Landing also. Lots of parking room ,heated bathrooms, changing rooms, store, free coffee, plug-ins for your truck, handicap access ramp, outhouse down by the water, webpage with updates on conditions and current weather, knowledgable staff, camera on premisis, no worries about a mud slough to navigate back up, etc.....
    AKblackdawg, if I remember correctly the reason you didn't use your pass last year was due to a blown motor in your boat.....had nothing to do with the landing. I'm glad you found an alternative that your happy with though.
    BK
    Absolutely right. Stupid to me to buy the pass before the boat was delivered and then find out all my problems with it. I was dreaming of using the boat most everyweekend out of Deshka and that it would be worthwhile. This year with no fishing not going near so often as i had hoped and being retired i need to save where i can. if the mud gets to be a problem, always have the option of going to Deshka, not adverse to that. What i like most about Riverside is the camp ground is nice, clean and quiet. I don't just launch and run to the cabin, we take the MH and spend a couple days and use the campground. We have hot shower and coffee, and if necessary, the store is still open and can walk or drive to deshka for what we need. Don't get me wrong, Deshka is a nice place and first class operation, but there are some of us who don't need all the extras you pay for at Deshka. Just wanted people who i hear complaign about $25 launch fees to know that there is another option. Bud
    Wasilla

I hear ya.....options are nice. Nobody likes a monopoly.
    Are you going to stop by for a beer this time? We are headed up Tuesday for a week.
    I'm going to put my family to work on that porch, LOL!
    BK

We just ot back home from there. Went up Friday night and had the picnic/get together yesterday. Weather was great. BK, just watch out, the water is getting low and the other boats are all over the river. Shouldn't be to bad on a Tuesday though. You taking the in-laws up or your family?
    Jim

Jim,
    Bringing the family and my parents up tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Just got into town last night. Would have liked to make the picnic but my schedule didn't allow it.
    Appreciate the heads up on conditions, will keep my head on a swivel while running.
    BK