Thread: North Slope Reefer Transport???

Default North Slope Reefer Transport???

Hello All,

A buddy of mine was talking about a buddy of his using a transporter for their meat on the north slope. He said there is a company that takes your meat up in dead horse and does quite a few loads to fairbanks, and Anchorage. I was wondering if any of you heard of this company or not. I will be float hunting up there in August, and was thinking if we get a couple a piece it would be better to use this transport than drive it the 20 hours back home. What are all your thoughts? Does this place/Guy really exist. thanks.

Joe

Alaska airlines cargo.

Ha, that's funny. Judging from the title of this thread it sounded like you were trying to smuggle pot up to the slope. No, but seriously, I know you can fly your meat back to Anchorage from Prudhoe Bay. A buddy of mine and I did that once. I can't remember the airline service, but I want to say it was Northern Air Cargo. Could be another airline though. Call NAC in Anchorage and ask them.

Yes, he goes by "Peterbuilt" on this site. I'm not sure where he does the pick ups but he's done it the last two yers that I know of.

Here is the link to the guy you want: http://www.alaskameatexpress.com/

Gents,

Thanks for the plug. However I do not serve the Deadhorse area of Ak. In the past 3 years I have picked up meat and unsplit antlers in Anchorage, Wasilla, Healy, Fairbanks, Glennallen, and Tok, then delivered to select states in the lower 48. I've served nonres hunters who wish to get all of their moose meat (and antlers) home in the lower 48. That in a nutshell has been by operation.

I wish I knew of another truck service that I could point you to, but to my knowledge none exists (A refrigerated truck, serving big game hunters on slope, back to FAI or ANC). Carlise does run that lane regularly, but I don't know how often they send a reefer, or if they'd even be interested in doing it...but it might be worth a call to them.

Anyways, thanks again for your inquirey and good luck!

Mike

I was transporting trophies & meat from Deadhorse, Happy Valley, & Galbreth lake to Fairbanks for the last 3 years.

We charge by the animal, no matter how much of it is there.

We can also store it or drop it off in Fairbanks at Santas Smokehouse.

Call or email us for prices & to set up pickup dates.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

ww.protaxidermy.com

There you have it.

RJ,

I'm impressed with your operation and everything on your website. Two thumbs up!

Thank You Very Much.

Alaska meat express, I don't see any schedule of where you will be transporting to, down in the lower 48.Or a way to contact you.
    I will have clients that could use your service.
    thanks
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwacker Air

We also expidite Horns/Antlers, capes & meat to the lower 48.

RJ Simington

Peterbuilt are you gonna make the meat haul this year I was double checking your site says negitive?

We hunted it few years ago and used big coolers. We threw a few bags of ice at the bottom in garbage bags just to help keep stuff cool didn't have any problems. We hung it for a few extra days when we got home and all the meat turned out perfect. May save ya a little extra cash...

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue7 View Post
    Peterbuilt are you gonna make the meat haul this year I was double checking your site says negitive?
    I'm not doing the meat/antler haul this year, sorry to say. To many other commitments next month.