Thread: Copper River Dip Net Fishery Closed, Come to the Kenai!

Default Copper River Dip Net Fishery Closed, Come to the Kenai!

Great marketing tactic, let's lie about the Copper River to drum up business.

ALASKAN RESIDENT KENAI RIVER JULY 2013 RED SALMON DIP NET SPECIAL

ADF&G CLOSED THE COPPER RIVER SO COME TO THE KENAI RIVER AND DIP THE LARGEST RED'S IN THE STATE OF ALASKA!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUALITY DIP NET CHARTER, COME FISH WITH ME!

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/spo/3874704625.html

I saw that last night too.

Flag the crap out of it lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I recently spoke with this guide in question and explained to him the error of his ways, and pointed him to the weekly schedule on the F&G website ( that's where the confusion was). The ad has been removed... Why is everyone so quick to judge?, it probably took longer to get pissed off, waste time creating this thread, than it would have been to make a call to him and let him know what's up...Thanx

Why?

Perhaps because as a guide, we should expect him to know the rules and regs a little better.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB, I think your being a little harsh. He might be a guide, but not on the copper. He may know the rules inside and out on the Kenai but doesn't mean he checks the EO's on the Copper. Lets give the guy the benifit of the doubt...
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

I just booked with him. Gosh, with a limit of six trout (3 over 20 inches), 7 salmon only two of which can be kings, all u can eat sandwiches and whiskey, how can u go wrong? Plus he said I get to light 75 percent of the fishing sticks! Woohoo! Can't wait.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Lets give the guy the benifit of the doubt...
    Unfortunately that don't work very well around here a lot of the time.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'm never one to promote a public hanging, I get it.

Fact remains guide or not- he still misrepresented information regarding rules and regs he "should" know as a guide.

Would you guys give a bear hunting guide a break if he was advertising 10% off for an area that was closed?

Harmless mistake, maybe. But still, he awta know the rules.

I just thought it was funny, that's all. If he's willing to post something like that, then he should make sure his facts are straight. That's not my job.