Thread: Grumman 19' price check.

Default Grumman 19' price check.

A friend is trying to determine the value of her 19" Grumman for an upcoming estate sale.
    It's in nice shape....no dents or dings.....painted OD, faded but not peeling.

Thanks

Vern

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    A friend is trying to determine the value of her 19" Grumman for an upcoming estate sale.
    It's in nice shape....no dents or dings.....painted OD, faded but not peeling.

Thanks

Vern
    One thing to determine is which "vintage" it is. Is it one with the thicker or thinner aluminum? You can probably look that up if you know the year of the boat. I know if/when I am looking, that is a selling point (thicker is better for us since we do hit rocks and have worn through the bottoms of the boats in the past).

Just a thought, but I think the location of the canoe may have some to do with the price as well (if more scarce/common) so might want to put a general area as well for these experts to evaluate an approx. value.

I would put the value somewhere around $50. Just give me a call before you put it out for sale so I can come pick it up....

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I would put the value somewhere around $50. Just give me a call before you put it out for sale so I can come pick it up....
    Sorry anchskier, I like you just fine, but I have to point out that lowball offer..... tsk tsk. Vern, I'll give you 4 times that, FOB Wasilla, cash on the barrelhead. Don't pay any attention to lowball quips btw.

In 2011, I sold my wonderful, old (1970's) 19'er, with our favorite lift, all in good shape ... for $1200. I had a number of lower offers, but sold it for the asking price. It was well worth it. By the way, this was in the Fairbanks area. Good luck.

Thanks Rick!

This is in the Delta area and your suggestion gets us in the ball park.

if you can get a new one it will go for over $2200 I belive, that price is in the lower 48 an that is the new metal thicknes also
    I belive if it goes for any thing less than $1400 you got a good deal I think if it is in good shape not all bang up from the rocks in the streams
    SID

There are two on craigslist today. One is naked for 700 bucks and the other has a fairly new 2 horse honda for 1700 bucks.