Thread: Willow, Talkeetna, Cantwell Transporters???

Default Willow, Talkeetna, Cantwell Transporters???

All,

I've already used the search function and there are some threads dealing with this, but they're all several years old. Who's doing wheel and/or float transporting for sheep hunters out of Willow, Talkeetna, and Cantwell? Thanks!

Brett

Gracious House, 50 miles east of Cantwell 907-822-7307 or 907 259-1111.

Check with Denali Flying Service, 907-495-5899, in Willow. Don't know if he does sheep drop-offs, but he does have a Maule with big tires. I've used him twice getting out from the cabin, but there is really nice gravel strip at the Bentalit Lodge that we use.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Check with Ray Atkins at Atkins Flying Service in Cantwell. You`ll never meet a nicer guy who knows his stuff!!

I'll second that Ray Atkins is a nice guy, but as far as I know he doesn't drop any sheep hunters as he is busy guiding his own sheep hunters, or rather the assistant guide does these days. I don't think he invites the conflict of interest so to speak.

Alaska bush floatplane service on floats outa talkeetna.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
    I'll second that Ray Atkins is a nice guy, but as far as I know he doesn't drop any sheep hunters as he is busy guiding his own sheep hunters, or rather the assistant guide does these days. I don't think he invites the conflict of interest so to speak.
    That has been my experience as well....super nice guy but doesn't do sheep drop offs cause he can make 12K off a client paying for a sheep hunt vs. a couple K off of a drop off. Can't really fault him for that, but just so you know he isn't apt to drop ya off for sheep.

Brett,

Might be able to help, what size plane you lookin' for, we got access to a cub on 31" bush wheels, a Cessna 170-B on floats and a 185 also on tail wheel . PM me if you want.

On side note---I thought you guys were headin' to the Brooks with the reservations you had last year with Wrights?