Thread: Susitna Unit 2 Kings

Default Susitna Unit 2 Kings

Hey Guys,

Noticed the numbers on the Deshka are really low. Hopefully the low abundance isnt as bad as the numbers. High water, or late weir possibly?

Anyway, has anybody been to the mouths of Unit 2 streama and seen anything roll

Tight Lines

Looking at all the other creeks around here....I bet the numbers really are that low.

Ive been stoping by the Deshka on the way back form the cabin for the last two weekends and have only seen one king caught. Talking with people at the landing the fishing has been poor
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

The numbers at the weir are pittiful......shut this fishery down!
    BK

Anyway, has anybody been to the mouths of Unit 2 streama and seen anything roll

Lots of Kings at the mouth of Alexander. Should be coming up soon. The biologist tell me that the ones laying here on the west channel go up the Yetna mostly. We have seen more Kings go up creek than we have in years. Alexander has been closed for Kings for almost six years now so no pressure has shown some results finally! Everything is late this year so hopefully more fish will come. The mouth of Alexander has been chalked full of fish for near two weeks now?

I was at sheep creek mouth Sunday and found no kings rolling at 6am but I caught 4 and lost 2.

Hey Dudes,

Im headed down to montana today with stops at sheep and possibly willow depending upon numbers of fish. Ill send a report on monday. Not really expecting much but here goes!

Tight Lines

Dehska numbers are picking up, but it takes awhile to make it up the those streams. Don't forget that all the Park Highway streams are Catch and Release only, along with the single hook/no bait restriction drainage wide.