Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheep Hunting Pants

Default Sheep Hunting Pants

What are your go-to-pants for climbing the mtns. for hunting sheep?

I like my two pairs of marmot scree pants.100$ going on 3 years of rock crawling and they are still holding up.Not 100% water proof but dry very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    What are your go-to-pants for climbing the mtns. for hunting sheep?
    Sport hill for me... Stretchy so they don't bind the knees, zipper pockets,zippers on the bottom of the legs which is great for plastic boots,and belt loops..

I'm sure there plenty of the latest greatest out there, but I usually hunt everything in fleece.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have Sporthills and have worn them a few times. Comfy but man they are warm... a little too warm for me most of the time. I like em in the brush moose hunting. Quiet and warm but stickers poke right through. I hate the thin stretchy belt loops on em.

The last couple years I've worn OR Cirque pants sheep hunting. I love em. Windproof, breathable, stretchy and dry in minutes. The fabric is tough. They have a boot lace hook on the front which is great. I also wear em fishin and hiking in the summer.

Only downfall was I couldn't find any pewter/grey ones when I bought mine, had to settle for black. I think gray is the best color in the sheep mountains

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/me...que-pants.html

• Reinforced Scuff Guard
    • Reinforced Boot Lace Hook
    • Low-Profile Waist Fits Under Harness
    • Gusseted Crotch
    • Grommets for instep Lace
    • DWR Coated Zippers
    • Button and Zipper Fly
    • Belt Loops
    • Articulated Knee
    • Ankle Zippers
    • Adjustable Tabs at Waist
    • Accepts Accessory Suspenders

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    I think gray is the best color in the sheep mountains
    That's the color of all my hunting clothes......

Pants look nice......I'll have a look....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

color dont mean squat to me personally I'd wear pink if it was the only color available and they were great pants..lol SNYDhard to tell but they look a little shiny are the soft to the touch or more like fabric on a sleeping bag shell.... Might be worth checking out my next go around on pants especially considering OR's outstanding customer service and product guarantees..appreciate the info...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    color dont mean squat to me personally I'd wear pink if it was the only color available and they were great pants..lol SNYDhard to tell but they look a little shiny are the soft to the touch or more like fabric on a sleeping bag shell.... Might be worth checking out my next go around on pants especially considering OR's outstanding customer service and product guarantees..appreciate the info...
    They don't have em in pink but they have these sporty blue ones

They are a softshell and tough. I've always had good luck with OR stuff. I bought some Revel rain gear last year and put it to the stress test in the Brooks. The fabric is a little stretchy and soft/supple. I wore the pants and jacket with just a base layer in a downpour, at night, loaded with sheep up and down scree, slipping sliding, wore them the next two days through brush and they held up well. Time will tell but so far so good.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I found mountain hardwear ridge top pants in my size for $19 each a couple years ago and they have been my go-to ever since. They are very stretchy and dry extremely fast. I also have a set of westcomb made of shoeller dryskin which are very nice but cost a bunch more so don't get worn as much. Sitka ascent pants are in the collection as well and have been worn as my "clean pants" for the drive home for my last couple fly in hunts. I finally found a use for my sport hill pants.... They are perfect for wearing under my klim bibs during the winter, darn spendy long johns!!!! I actually did wear them hunting bears this unseasonably cold spring and they were good for that but way to hot for sheep season.

You boys must run hot... Besides a time or two during the fires in the ak range when temps were around 90 or the first sheep hunt of the season when we wear shorts cause everything is hot I have never been overheated in my sport hills...

Thanks guys, the OR Cirque pants look like a good choice.

I see they are better priced on Amazon, but the sizing is in M, L, XL, etc. and I have found that way of measuring to be very unreliable. Any place in the Los Anchorage area selling them???
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

And of course, only tailored for short people.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Kuiu Attack pants are my current favorite. I even bought 2 pair to wear around town.

I wore Arcterx's Gamma MX Pant Men's, I really like these as well.
    http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx...=Gamma-MX-Pant

These are a pair of Sporthill old school pants, bought my wife a set of their new stuff.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Pants?!?!...who needs pants?... just put on both pair of skivvies

1/2 ram and gear in the pack for a long haul out, plus sun and hot means Sporthills are hanging off the back.

I think I misread the post.

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIN907 View Post
    I think I misread the post.

Those don't look too baaaaaaaaad. Oh look,, the lost member of the Village people.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Ok them are legit.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks for the great recommendation, got my pants yesterday and am quite pleased with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I see they are better priced on Amazon, but the sizing is in M, L, XL, etc. and I have found that way of measuring to be very unreliable. Any place in the Los Anchorage area selling them???
    Pretty sure AMH carries the OR Cirque pants here in Los Anchorage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast