Thread: Worth a try, 95' Bearcat Suzuki 340 wiring help?

Default Worth a try, 95' Bearcat Suzuki 340 wiring help?

I am cannibalizing an old '95 2 cylinder 340 (339) bearcat and want to save the Suzuki 339 engine and put a prop on it and need help figuring out what a bear essentials wiring diagram would look like.

Right now I have the coil and cdi and the voltage regulator connected. Do I even need the voltage regulator? Do I need the Positor? I will obviously need an ignition switch to stop it as well.

I'm a rank amateur when it comes to snow machines but I have entirely rewired a Ford Bronco from scratch without help before so I'm not completely ignorant.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RainGull View Post
    Right now I have the coil and cdi and the voltage regulator connected. Do I even need the voltage regulator? Do I need the Positor? I will obviously need an ignition switch to stop it as well.
    You will need the regulator and maybe the kill switch. What is the Positor?

The positor is the dead end plug of which there can be several. I think it is just a resistor or some such. Actually I just looked it up and it is a combination diode and resistor that signals the temp switch, so I'm guessing I wont use it and will just jump it.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.