Thread: Kenai Guide or Fly-out? July 10th-12th

Default Kenai Guide or Fly-out? July 10th-12th

I have been doing some research into what companies to use for a fly out and keep running into posts about getting a guide and just fishing the peninsula. what are ya'll's recommendations as far as which one to go with. I am spending 2 nights in cooper landing and plan on fishing both days. but the first day I was thinking of hiring a guide or getting on a fly out to really make sure my wife and I have a great chance of catching some fish. Then the second day we can do it on our own and see how it goes.

But as far as the most bang for the buck which one should I lean towards? Obviously I think the fly out if I want to target Salmon unless you think a guide could get us on some in the peninsula that early in July.

Thanks.

I've used http://www.highadventureair.com/ a bunch of times, and have never been disappointed.

Last year's Nushagak King Camp

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24154155

brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

For kings, there's better spots than the Kenai. Right now this year's king run is a bust in many areas statewide; the Nush remains a good bet. Try Sockeye fishing on the Kenai and Russian Rivers, for sheer numbers of fish, and pound for pound, maybe the scrappiest fish Alaska breeds. I recommended 15-17# in an earlier post for other salmon; 20 and 25# with a good drag are not overkill for reds.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    For kings, there's better spots than the Kenai. Right now this year's king run is a bust in many areas statewide; the Nush remains a good bet. Try Sockeye fishing on the Kenai and Russian Rivers, for sheer numbers of fish, and pound for pound, maybe the scrappiest fish Alaska breeds. I recommended 15-17# in an earlier post for other salmon; 20 and 25# with a good drag are not overkill for reds.

Will i be able to catch sockeyes on the Kenai that early? I was under the impression their second run would be a little later.

U never posted dates. You will find fish in the river all summer heck all year. Just not in as good of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by medic2022 View Post
    U never posted dates. You will find fish in the river all summer heck all year. Just not in as good of numbers.
    As per the thread title, July 10-12!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed