Thread: Where is the Fire Lake public access?

Default Where is the Fire Lake public access?

Pretty straight-forward question. We'd love to go kill some pike but don't know where to go.

easiest access point is right off the road where the "boat launch" is. Go past the fred meyers about 1/2 mile or so and make a left on lakeridge dr. It will bend around where the little creek runs under the road. Just after that on the right cast into those weed beds. There should be some hanging out in there. Im not sure if there are any other public access points a lot of private property around there.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    easiest access point is right off the road where the "boat launch" is. Go past the fred meyers about 1/2 mile or so and make a left on lakeridge dr. It will bend around where the little creek runs under the road. Just after that on the right cast into those weed beds. There should be some hanging out in there. Im not sure if there are any other public access points a lot of private property around there.
    Thanks, we can probably find it from there!

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Thanks, we can probably find it from there!
    No problem. Good luck out there and kill some of those pike.

We've had the best luck in a canoe or float tubes out along the west side of the island. Lots of sunken timber over there. I've never cuaght anything along the short stretch of public access near the overflow.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Someone caught a bunch of pike, cleaned them (headed and gutted), then dumped everything about 5 feet from the shore. Why kill the pike...and go through the work of cleaning them, just to dump it all? I could understand if it was just the heads and guts, but the whole friggin fish? (actually 11 fish) Not to mention, that lots of folks let their kids swim there, and now the kids have to swim amongst a bunch of carcasses. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Someone caught a bunch of pike, cleaned them (headed and gutted), then dumped everything about 5 feet from the shore. Why kill the pike...and go through the work of cleaning them, just to dump it all? I could understand if it was just the heads and guts, but the whole friggin fish? (actually 11 fish) Not to mention, that lots of folks let their kids swim there, and now the kids have to swim amongst a bunch of carcasses. Idiots.
    Wow that doesn't make sense at all. If you're gonna just kill em throw em in the trash don't just leave em there. Gross.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Wow that doesn't make sense at all. If you're gonna just kill em throw em in the trash don't just leave em there. Gross.
    Was down there again last night, and saw a new batch of dead pike laying there...I don't understand it. I know that in the lakes on the west side of cook inlet as well as the Su River drainage it's illegal to return a live pike to the water, but this rule doesn't apply to Anchorage area lakes. Additionally, these jackasses are dumping all these pike where all the kids swim. It's friggin nasty and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Was down there again last night, and saw a new batch of dead pike laying there...I don't understand it. I know that in the lakes on the west side of cook inlet as well as the Su River drainage it's illegal to return a live pike to the water, but this rule doesn't apply to Anchorage area lakes. Additionally, these jackasses are dumping all these pike where all the kids swim. It's friggin nasty and uncalled for.
    Maybe a patrol is in order. Sit outside for a bit and enjoy the lake and maybe find the numb skull doing it.