Thread: Stabilizing Binoculars

Default Stabilizing Binoculars

Hey I was looking to buy some stabilizing binoculars for my ocean boat. Does anyone have any recommendations? They are a lot of money and I don't want to make the wrong decision. Thanks

I don't know any specific, brands, but i fished with a guy in Cabo a few years back that had a pair he said cost about 2,500 bucks....wow! But they were amazing. Love to afford a pair myself.

Frasier Volpe or Fujinon Stabi-Eyes are the two best ones. I have Nikon's and they are fine for Alaska. The first two are for big gsme fishing in the tropics where spotting birds is critical.

Wife bought me a pair of Cannon image stabilizer's. Absolutely LOVE them.
    I can stand on the back of the boat while cruising and glass the beach.
    Highly recommended. They take 2 AA batts, so easy to replace and nothing special to buy.
    BK

I imagine the Canon/Nikon ones are the less expensive options. The ones I used were def high buck, used as AKcapt said, for spotting birds or breaking fish down in Mexico.

Watch Ebay for the Fuji's or FRasier Volpes if you want a deal. It is about 400 bucks to get the Fraiers totally redone at their factory so even if they are used, you are can be sure that they can be fixed for not that much compared to the 4000 dollar price tag

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    Frasier Volpe or Fujinon Stabi-Eyes are the two best ones. I have Nikon's and they are fine for Alaska. The first two are for big gsme fishing in the tropics where spotting birds is critical.
    I went on a charter out of waikiki this winter and they had a pair of the fujinon on board that I had a chance to play with...and, wow! those are amazing.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    Watch Ebay for the Fuji's or FRasier Volpes if you want a deal. It is about 400 bucks to get the Fraiers totally redone at their factory so even if they are used, you are can be sure that they can be fixed for not that much compared to the 4000 dollar price tag
    Wow.........4k...???!!! I had no idea........
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

4 or 5 if you want the real ones. The cheap ones are 1100-1500. thats what I have they are good enough for here.

I think mine are the Nikon, and they are fine. I recommend not even looking at the 4K models and you will never know the difference. There is a night and day difference between stabilized and standard binoculars on a boat.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded