Thread: Mike Dinkel American Trophy Taxidermy

Default Mike Dinkel American Trophy Taxidermy

I am wondering if anyone has any contact information or knows where Mike Dinkel is? He had a shop in Steerling/Soldotna called American Trophy Taxidermy. I talked to him in December and he told me my rug would be done in a couple months....went back to check and his shop is closed (place was under construction for a new business), phone number no longer works......any ideas? He has done a lot of work for friends of mine and seems like a good guy. I am not saying anything bad about the guy. I just want to get my bear back. Any info or help is much appreciated!

Bambi,

If you do find out anything about this, I would like to know as well. A friend of mine took a black bear there last fall. Mike told him in April that he sold the business and his rug would be done in May. But now he is unable to get any reply from Mike. My friend is currently working in Afghanistan, so I am trying to help track down his hide.
    Thanks

I had Mike do some work for me, 2.5 years later, poor job, damage that he was to fix, 1year later not fixed and have not heard from him. I gave him a large deposit, 1.5 years and hide still at tanners, got him to admit that he spent my deposit and no money to pay tanner, after some discussion he found some money and got the hide. His wife admitted to me they had money problems, was trying to close the business, she also had some serious health problems, which may have added to their problems. I would not recommend Mike. Good luck on finding him and the missing hides. Not trying to bad mouth him, just stating facts.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

This is exactly what I didn't want to hear....I just want to get my bear back !!! I will give up my hefty deposit to get it back if I have to.....I will keep you guys posted if I get anywhere or hear anything. Please keep me posted or let me know if you find anything out please! Hopefully this will all turn out ok for everyone.....

Don't know if this is still an open topic, but I have been in contact with him twice since he closed up shop. He's finishing the work he had out of his home now. He's got a Lynx of mine that he claims will be done end of the month, we'll see. I know several people in town who know him and have animals with him, all assure me he's good for it. Hope this helps.

Thanks limon32. If you have contact info, can you pm it to me? My friend still has not heard from Mike since May about his bear.

Did you ever get a hold of him?

I saw Mike and Karen at Fred Meyer about 2 weeks ago. He told me because of the dismal King Salmon returns he decided it was time to "close up shop " as they say. He had a buyer for the building so timing was right. They have moved to Anchorage and finishing work up there.

Talked to Mike today about my Lynx, seems he's plodding through the work he has and still answering the phone so I think all is well.

Yes, Limon32, My friend did get ahold of Mike, he said to give him 3-4 weeks to get the bear done. Thank you for the number!

Good to hear, I do think he's trying his best to make a living and finish the jobs he took.

We'll just any case anyone finds this thread down the road, I got my cat back tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limon could you please get me mikes number tried to get ahold of him for some work and no luck . he has done awsome work for me in the past and was hoping he was still around thanks

Same old story, I dropped a caribou hide off to be tanned a year and a half ago. I have contacted him for the last nine months about it. I get the same BS answer that it is at the tanners. I email and get no response. Here is his cell phone #. Every once in a while he answers it. 907-252-3188

He's definitely around, living in Anchorage now though. I got my lynx back in December. He still has the skull and still answers his phone when I call.

Tanneries can take their sweet time, not sure if that's the issue here but I don't think he's trying to screw anyone. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk