Thread: Snow Line In PWS

Default Snow Line In PWS

How far above the beach is snow line now in western PWS? I thought I read where someone said there was still 3 feet of snow down to the beach where they were anchored up.

Thanks,

Doug

I think you'll find the beaches are pretty much free of snow. This was last weekend

but if you walk back in the woods don't be suprised to find patches of snow. I imagine this past week of sun has further melted the snow back and up.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Three fingers in Cochrane had about 6-8 feet just up from the tide line two weeks ago, it was still winter back there.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Southern exposures are clear but shaded exposures still had as much 6-8 feet right to water line. During shore excursions with our dog there were patches of snow at every landing over the course of 5 days. There is also a lot of surface water on the ground. Everything was mushy and mucky but the dog didn't get too dirty. There were still some deciduous trees that haven't even budded out yet. Salmon berries just starting to blossom. High bush blueberries are loaded.

I was out there wed-thurs. Still a ton of snow, I was very surprised at all of the snow cover still present. I did not go ashore nor did I see any snow to the tideline, and as stated above, the southern exposures are ''relatively" clear, lots of water coming down.

Gents,

Thanks for the updates. It sounds like northerly facing bays still have snow down low. I appreciate the info.

Doug