Thread: how to hunt bears in august

Default how to hunt bears in august

hey i know that in mid september the bears go crazy for berries hillside but unfortunatley i cant go in september. but i have august off. how exactly can you locate (which types of areas, foods, habits) them and how to increase your odds for success the most in hunting them by bow and arrow

What area are you looking into?

im looking in gmu 14. its first hunt so im trying to see the best place. i know gmu 14 near the brooks range and that's where tons of berries thus bears are. but im also dooing moose so i want to get an area were i can do bear then travel a few days for moose

Quote Originally Posted by jackazb2 View Post
    im looking in gmu 14. its first hunt so im trying to see the best place. i know gmu 14 near the brooks range and that's where tons of berries thus bears are. but im also dooing moose so i want to get an area were i can do bear then travel a few days for moose
    Unit 14 is about 800 miles from the Brooks Range. 14C is in the Chugach Range and 14A/B are in the Talkeetna Mountains (part of 14A is in the Chugach as well).

If you're going to try for black bears in addition to caribou on the Dalton, I would look hard at Unit 7. Lots of bears, and lots of access points to have an excellent mountain experience.