Thread: need help in gmu 16 general season

Default need help in gmu 16 general season

hey ill be bow-hunting for the first time in unit 16 moose/ black bear. anybody know if its a good area to find these animals and to stalk them. anybody got any areas specifically they know of to have most success. Im on low budget but i have a month + or - so hiking or/and canoeing a few days is perfectly fine and even prefered
    thanks for the advice

High foliage density makes it hard find and kill the dense population of bears. High bear density makes it hard to find and kill the few legal moose.

There are animals out there and time trumps all other factors in my opinion so it's worth a shot. Personally with a month I would go to unit 20 or further north.

Try floating kroto or moose creek down to the mouth of the deshka. Petersville hills are another good area for blacks. If you can get a flight up to happy river area and float down to skwenta...this is another great area for float trips for bears later in august early sept.

Take a predator call...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

SO lujon pretty much its gonna be one or the other?

ill look into those areas duckhunter01 thanks,its really helping me narrow down my choices

i may take a couple