Thread: Weather report??? Anchor Point

Default Weather report??? Anchor Point

What site is best for marine weather report. I use the national weather service but which report would I use for anchor point? I assume the Kachemak Bay because its closest but your opinions would be great. Thanks

This is the report I currently use...http://pafc.arh.noaa.gov/marfcst.php...K51PAFC#PKZ125

If your looking for a marine forecast that's as good as it gets. There is some bouys you can monitor on the web but I reformatted my computer and lost all my links. I don't have time to search for it now but maybe someone will post up a link.

They are going to re-deploy buoy 46108 off of Bluff Point soon. It will give you wave height. That is just south of the Anchor River mouth.
    They are looking for help in bringing out from Homer. Weighs 600 lbs. plus a 500 lb anchor. My boat is way too small to haul that but I volunteered to help any other way I could.

Who is running that, that needs the publics help?

It's not the best indicator for Anchor Point but I guess its better than nothing when you are driving from Anchorage or points further. Here's a webcam I found overlooking the Inlet near Clam Gulch. Little deceptive due to distance but I think you can get a decent feel for it.

http://alaskaloghaven-cookinlet.view...gle&Language=0

So should I just use the kachemak bay report for anchor point since their so close? Awesome webcam link Kardinal...Thanks