Thread: Salt- but not sport

Default Salt- but not sport

This is the way Alaska men used to roll. They make the reality show folks look like candy *****es. Probably don't want to watch if you are a comfish hater.

Thanks for posting this, sayak. I enjoyed every bit of it!

He's dead now, but he still has four Youtube videos on his own channel. The one about catching wolverine on Esther Island is pretty cool too.
    I don't believe there are any more men like this left in Alaska... might be a few. My wife's uncle Johnny Nicholson was like him, but he's gone too. But Alaska isn't the free place is was even up into the 80s, so it would be hard to do what they did without even thinking about how hard it was.

Charterboat Operator

So Cool!!! Thank you for sharing!! Set the computer in on the galley table and had the crew watch.

Awesome video, can't hate on guys working their butts off to make a living and I suspect the politics were much different then...

Awesome video.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Awesome video, can't hate on guys working their butts off to make a living and I suspect the politics were much different then...
    Great point and wish it was that way but the followers, pansies, always seem to hate on old timers. At the core I wonder if they do that because they know they couldn't handle it. I know I couldn't what those guys went through!

At about 10:45 in the movie he shows Kodiak. In 1985 about 12 of us from Montana drove up to Seward and ferried to Kodiak and worked the canneries for the summer. The impact of that tidal wave must have been incredible. We youngsters listened to lots of old timers talk about the old days, the earth quake, etc. Wish I would have brought a movie camera!

Very cool. Where can we find episode 2?

Excellent! Could be geezer brain, but isn't the Valiant Maid still around? Memory sezz it's a Hansen.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Excellent! Could be geezer brain, but isn't the Valiant Maid still around? Memory sezz it's a Hansen.
    Yes, it was a Hansen, and I'm sure it is still fishing.