Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rowdy Dowdy

Default Rowdy Dowdy

I found this on another site and figured I'd ask you guys about the validity of it.

If it's true, all I can say is wow

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...es=127&forum=6

It's true. Don't care to say much on or publisize it out of respect for true hunter and guide but its true

Surprised this story didn't land here sooner!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thank you for the reply Bear. It is one of those things that just makes me shake my head.

No hard feelings if the Mods would like to delete this thread out of respect for the guide and hunter.

It truly is an awesome bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
    Thank you for the reply Bear. It is one of those things that just makes me shake my head.

No hard feelings if the Mods would like to delete this thread out of respect for the guide and hunter.

It truly is an awesome bear.
    This subject doesn't disrespect the guide, the guided hunter or the operation.

No real difference between this and say, discussing laws being broken by a guide/hunter.

As long as there's no direct bad mouthing towards a business or operation.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    This subject doesn't disrespect the guide, the guided hunter or the operation.

No real difference between this and say, discussing laws being broken by a guide/hunter.

As long as there's no direct bad mouthing towards a business or operation.
    Agreed but the disrespect comes when they start Accusing the guide/hunters photos of being faked as well as it happened on bowsite. Guide/hunter worked hard for a Unimak pig and should not have thier trophy smeared over the Internet. The dowdy dude should be indeed called out on this though..

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Agreed but the disrespect comes when they start Accusing the guide/hunters photos of being faked as well as it happened on bowsite. Guide/hunter worked hard for a Unimak pig and should not have thier trophy smeared over the Internet. The dowdy dude should be indeed called out on this though..
    I read it, there was some initial speculation but the guide himself stepped in and it ended there.

Stolen Valor is the biggest crime.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I read it, there was some initial speculation but the guide himself stepped in and it ended there.
    TWB I hear ya man but those accusations are out there for the world to see and that's just plain wrong. I am all for a discussion on the faked pic but just would hate to see it go down like on the other site.

He claimed his facebook account was hacked and that's how the picture got on there. He must have forgotten that he talked about it on his twitter account too. https://twitter.com/MrRowdyDowdy Oops. That must have been hacked too.

Shameful, fake to stardom. There should be a lawsuit enticed.
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Isnt this what America wants? Self proclaimed heroes of the hunt?

How can you blame a guy for stealing someone else's hard work for himself in a world where "reality" TV is truly reality in alot of peoples minds.

This story of this Alaskan faking hunt success by using another hunter's picture and photoshopping himself and different terrain into it, as well as lying about military service and honors received, is among the most disgusting I've ever heard of on so many levels.

And just an fyi, the new Stolen Valor Act was recently signed by President Obama. The former one from 2005 had been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. This new version outlines that one must materially profit from the lies. Either way it is contemptible.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-act-into-law/

Mark,

Speculating here, based on the links, but, he's only been here for 2 years. I wouldn't title him as "Alaskan".

He shot a couple episodes for Alaska Outdoors Television. I sure hope Tim looks into this more and makes an informed decision about airing those episodes.

Whatever these mis-doings are seem to have nothing to do with Tim.

No need to even raise that here, publicly.

"Let everyone know who your favorite Alaskan bowhunter is!!" What a freakin stroker!!!! Unfortaunately Girls and Gents, this is the world we live in. When you have a tenured Senator claiming to be a former SEAL and wearing a Trident on his lapel on the floor of the United States Senate, anything is possible.

Whatever these mis-doings are seem to have nothing to do with Tim.

No need to even raise that here, publicly.
    I meant no disrespect to Tim or the show. Just the opposite, I think it's a great show and don't want it to possibly get dragged down by unknowningly having some fake on it.

There's no place for that especially in one of the very few hunting shows I actually admire.

Howdy Dookie is laying low.

I have, with regret, met and talked with this impostor and I can tell you that he has lied about a few more than just that bear. Just ask Knights Taxidermy or anyone that is very well informed in the archery community in the Anchorage area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast