Thread: scents

Default scents

Anybody have any original ideas for getting scent out ialready know about bear bombs and popcorn all that normal stuff i want something that you might do at your bait that is your signature move for gettin those smells out there anybody got any ancient kung fu secrets for me?

DSC01742.JPGDon't know about "kung Fu secret" but I made a balloon launcher and launched molasses and syrup balloons, not sure of the effects and the balloons are a pain to clean up. Have both browns and blacks hitting the station. Second attempt at baiting, having a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by strobow View Post
    DSC01742.JPGDon't know about "kung Fu secret" but I made a balloon launcher and launched molasses and syrup balloons, not sure of the effects and the balloons are a pain to clean up. Have both browns and blacks hitting the station. Second attempt at baiting, having a blast!

now THAT is thinking outside the box! Nice looking pooch too looks like an Aussie from what I can see. I have one too best dogs ever!

Ill have a new video uploaded to my YouTube Chanel soon showing you how to leave fresh scent (of your choice) at your bait site around the clock. Until then, use a pump action weed sprayer each trip to spray your scent on trees, brush, etc.

The balloon launcher is a good idea but not useful unless you found a source for biodegradable balloons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    now THAT is thinking outside the box! Nice looking pooch too looks like an Aussie from what I can see. I have one too best dogs ever!
    Yes Sir it is an Aussie, my 10yr buddy, w/tail, loves the bait station. Best dog I've had. Launcher went back in the box when the snow was gone, as AlaskanOutdoorsman pointed out, it is not viable tool until a source of biodegradable balloons is found. Seemed like a good idea... was fun for a bit, just not dialed in.

Ak outdoorsman has it dialed in. The burn he shows is great. I used one like that (a bit more primitive though) a few years ago and made one like he has on youtube and it's great. I also spray anise on the trees and bushes when I go in and also use 907 baitem anise pucks. Gives a constant scent. I'm looking to use outdoorsman's popcorn ball next season.