Thread: Fishing Near Downtown

Default Fishing Near Downtown

I'm here in Anchorage for a few days. Was wondering if there is anywhere within walking distance of downtown to fish (other than for kings on Ship). I have heard campbell creek in the catch and release section is worth a try for trout. Any other creeks or lakes?

I've got some time after conferences in the evenings to walk around and may head to campbell creek. It looks like it's only a couple mile walk.

I was down on Ship Creek a couple of times today. No fish rolling and a few people fishing who hadn't had any luck.

Eagle River, AK

I could be wrong, but I think that people only fish the upper stretches of Campbell for rainbows, and that's more than a couple of miles from downtown. What about trying Ship up above the dam for rainbows? It's actually a pretty nice stretch of water and plenty of solitude. You'll have to check the regs, though, as I haven't got a clue if there is a seasonal closure in effect there. Hmm...not much else for options within walking distance of downtown. You could always rent a bike and head to another of the local lakes, though.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Give it this weekend and you will start seeing allot of people down at Ship Creek. Above the dam is nice for catch and release trout. Salmon fishing above the dam is off limits
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK