Thread: Extended-range collapsable fuel tanks...

Default Extended-range collapsable fuel tanks...

Whoa! Check these out. I didn't see the fabric thickness or how it was welded/glued shut. These might be just the ticket for those guys who want to check out Montague but don't have the range with stock tankage...

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3862036697.html

Very tempted as the price is good.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

hope he doesn't make tanks like he spells ?

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

So are these approved fuel continers? Like legal to take through tunnel in the open? I did see how he can make them to fit inside a fish box!

I asked him and he said he has a 50 gallon one made to fit in a kingfisher fish box.. They are not approved fuel containers, I want one just to get the extra barrels off the deck. I am not ordering one now, but i will keep him in mind for later.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

When I used to fly airplanes in the 80's, guys would use air matresses for fuel cells and fill them with gas to ferry planes to England. They weren't approved either but they seemed to work. Guess you could put an air matress on top of the cabin and extend your range a ways.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I would do some reading on the material he uses. Doesn't sound very safe...I could be wrong

Seems every company I've looked up uses 1.0 - 1.2mm TPU material
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB,

This one might be more like you were talking about: http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3883609907.html

Looks like a good opportunity for our limited-range fellow boaters to see Hinchinbrook, Montague and the Western Entrance.

IceKing02

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    TWB,

This one might be more like you were talking about: http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3883609907.html

Looks like a good opportunity for our limited-range fellow boaters to see Hinchinbrook, Montague and the Western Entrance.

IceKing02
    No same one. The original ad was deleted but above a guy questions the use of material, I was just stating that the materials seems to be of the same type used by several other companies.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB,

The first listing (now deleted) was for a locally-manufactured fuel bladder. This one is produced by a larger company that has been in business "for over 30 years"...just look at the site: www.arm-usa.com

Correct. One ad was for a local bladder, the second was for a L48 made bladder.

We are tracking...

I would go with a commercial grade bladder.
    Here is one link to a good one....
    http://www.marinefuelbladders.com/