Thread: Recent cooper lake update??

Default Recent cooper lake update??

Anyone have any recent reports? Headed down thurs and wanted to drop my boat in there if it was ice out yet.... Otherwise I'll hit skilak.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Anyone have any recent reports? Headed down thurs and wanted to drop my boat in there if it was ice out yet.... Otherwise I'll hit skilak.
    Was up to the lake Friday. Still ice shore to shore. But we're getting some balmy weather down here. Also the ice was saturated so its close, try calling the locals a day or 2 in advance if no one chimes in. ( Wildemans, guide stores ...)

Don't really have anything to add, but I have a question: What do you fish for in Cooper Lake? Never really heard of anyone fishing in there.

Cooper lake is wide open! Water is down about 20 feet or so, you could launch something small and by hand I would try but there was no way I was backing my 19 foot boat down that bank, lots of slippery mud. Pretty place and worth the drive up there just to see it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Don't really have anything to add, but I have a question: What do you fish for in Cooper Lake? Never really heard of anyone fishing in there.
    Rainbows and dollys......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Cooper lake is wide open! Water is down about 20 feet or so, you could launch something small and by hand I would try but there was no way I was backing my 19 foot boat down that bank, lots of slippery mud. Pretty place and worth the drive up there just to see it.
    Used to spend a lot of time up there.....camping fishing hunting... A number of us used to black bear hunt up there quite a bit as well. I even hunted sheep up on Cooper Mt. MANY moons ago.......when there was actually sheep up there. Last time I flew it, again many years ago, all we saw were goats......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!