Thread: Where should I go fishing this weekend

Default Where should I go fishing this weekend

So, I've been getting skunked lately. Where should I go that I can for sure catch some fish. Salmon would be great but I'd settle for some good trout fishing. I'm willing to make a drive. Currently in anchorage. Checked out Crooked Creek this last weekend but no luck. The fish were there, saw a lot of jumpers but after 4 hours of fishing I only saw 1 angler catch a fish.

Do u need a fishing buddy? I live in anchorage also. But spend the weekends in wasilla. I know a few places that have great places for trout pm me!

The only place/s I would be willing to say that you can "for sure catch fish" is in the salt water, or sneak into a hatchery and poach them.

I'd hit the Russian River for the red salmon opener (opens on the 11th). It remains to be seen whether opening day will be good or not, but there should be some fish to cast to.

Russian no doubt! Get right in there...make sure you have rhe right gear and know what you are doing. Not cool driving all that way to find out you don't have string enough line, right weights or gear.

ave fun
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It's fairly easy limits of sockeyes (1-2 hour of fishing) along the banks of the Kenai above river mile 15 right now. My cousin hooked 20 in 2 hours the other morning. She had her limit in 15 minutes and hooked and released after that. The people with her took a bit longer, but the fish are hitting good right now.
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Like Max stated, the Kenai has lots of reds in it.