Thread: Delta Clearwater

Default Delta Clearwater

Wife and I have a lead on some pretty promising firewood in Delta. In order to make the Fbnks - Delta trip worthwhile we though we might spend some time on the Clearwater as well maybe fish some and enjoy a float. However I know the Chena here in Fairbanks has been crazy high so I thought I would inquire about the river conditions and fishing activity on the Clearwater for all of you that know. We would be putting in at the campground and floating (canoe) the whole way to cleawater lake. Thanks as always for the advice.

Being spring fed, the Clearwater typically doesn't get as high when the other rivers do. You'll catch some real slabs! Enjoy!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Default slab meaning grayling?

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Being spring fed, the Clearwater typically doesn't get as high when the other rivers do. You'll catch some real slabs! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rcoker View Post
    Need explanation???

There are no mountain drainages running into it and it's surrounded entirely by flat land. Hence, it runs at nearly the same level all year because the same amount of water is being put into it.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Thanks for the reply. Is there any possibly shorter float for the clearwater then the Campground to the lake. We did that float a few years ago and though it is a great distance now we have a newborn with us and I'm worried that is going to get a bit long (especially when trying to fish some along the way). Also any flys/lure suggestions (we will be doing both).