Thread: Palmer Flats legal?

Default Palmer Flats legal?

Hi, I was out fishing with the wife in wassilla and ran into someone that told me that you could park right on the side of the road off of the Palmer/Wassilla exit and hunt the little ponds. I want to believe him but its just tough since it just seems way too convenient. I am trying to hunt ducks up here for the first time since i was deployed the last two seasons. I don't have a boat and am looking for an area that we can walk into. Any advice would really be appreciated! thank you.

Lots of guys do shoot there.

Reflection lake, by the Knik river, you can walk back to it there. Sign says no shooting for 1/4 mile except for hunting. Take a look at the sign and read the fine print. Best place would be Cottonwood creek access to the hayflats, off of Fairview Loop rd. You can hike way back into the flats there, new bridge will be in soon. Don't believe they will allow ATV at least for this year, we will see. Lots of info on here about hunting. Jim Creek area also can be accessed by foot. For $200-300 you can buy a canoe and really open up your area to hunt. Bud
    Wasilla

Might stop in at the Palmer office of Fish and Game. Don
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Thanks for this advice. It means a lot to my wife and I. I can't wait to get out there and check it out.