Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dip net reports from chitina or from those who just returned

Default dip net reports from chitina or from those who just returned

I have come to chitina this amazing spiritual and somewhat magical place to bless the water and say a prayer that my brother and sister dippers have a safe and prosperous trip this year. I arrived this morning water is high but seemed to have gone down some it was hot and sunny today and watter went up about six inches.five wheels set up three turning . Yesterday two wheels turning five fish

Default bridge

Im camped across the bridge went to river to get water to wash dishes there are dippers waiting for midnight just below the bridge. With the high water there are not very many spots. If I still have cell phone service . Ill post shortly after midnight.

Thanks for posting! Stay safe out there.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

4 people fishing 8 watching just below bridge half hour....one fish

right on! good news that the fish are through the canyon

Default Hem's Online Hotline Report

All I can say is I'm sorry. Let me tell you, when my two daughters were 3 & 4 years old, I would take them to Creamer's Field in the spring to see the newly arrived geese. We would pass the Department of Fish and Game offices on College Road in Fairbanks; they would say, look Daddy, "There's Fishing Games!" Today, I believe, that's what the name should be changed to. Last year, they said fishing would be "HOT!" when Chitina opened. They even had a supplemental, meaning you could have 10 extra fish. More people showed up in Chitina then I had ever seen; there were no fish. This year, they said according to their sonar, there would be very few fish. Three people showed up for the charters. I just got back from down river. Two overnighters, had 15 fish each in less than 3 hours and the one guy we dropped off this morning had 5 in less than a half hour. I personally saw about 30 fish without even sticking a net in the water. It appears "Fishing Games" got it wrong again. I made the mistake of basing my first fishing report on their information and I'm sorry because I know better. I don't know if the fish we are seeing will continue throughout the week. All I can do is keep you updated with what I observe. It is hot and sunny, so the river is rising, but is still at a good level to fish. Update tomorrow.
    From the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Francis View Post
    I have come to chitina this amazing spiritual and somewhat magical place to bless the water and say a prayer that my brother and sister dippers have a safe and prosperous trip this year........
    Thank you for the prayer of safety and a good harvest, Brother!

IF some wayward dippers were not having luck, could you direct them as to where and when to lower their nets in the hopes that they may enjoy a harvest like Peter and the sons of Zebedee in the Sea of Galilee?

I read the reports of too early you would just be sieving the water. The ones that had long poles and fished all night caught about 10-20 apiece the 3 with short poles got one each there were 7 fishing with long poles. The fish wheels did alot better last night. I heard this morning obrien creek is like a ghost town.

Brain if this wayward dipper was in Chitina I would gladly try and direct them. But I am uncomfortable naming exact spots I know the feeling to see a favorite spot get posted and get totally over crowded. Its not fair to other people who also use these spots. Salmon point is a good example of that (oops ) until about 5 years ago that was the best keep secret in chitin a. I fished there over 18 years ago.l will say any eddy that is fishable in high water is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    From the source.
    That is awesome news. I am now going to pack with a vengeance and try to be able to be on the river with you tomorrow.

Is the water too high to reach the channel with a dipnet above the bridge? Is anyone even dipping up past the fish wheels?
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Its high its a little hard fishing just below the bridge l watch some get hung up on large rocks and the water is swift. Most are fishing just off the main channel doing the water bobbing. I talked to a dipper who caught 2 today in amongst the fishwheels there is alot of trash in the water cables rear old meters u name it. Past the wheels there is alot of silt.and finger of the kostina river is running in a way that is cutting off some of the fishing area.

Now brother franchises before I go to bed fish report. I m not sure what is going on more down river but from salmon point to bridge ext. Yes the fish are coming threw but I feel fishing is not hot and fishing is not good its fair which is not bad at all.to explain what I mean by good u get one in less than 10 min and doubles once in a while.it has the potential to be good.

Just watched three dippers right below the bridge for literally 4 minutes. In that brief time they got five fish including one king. I'm pretty optimistic about today...

Sent by my communicator

We may have change your name to red slayer. I don't if the word is out there is no gas in chitin

New EO/News Release out! 10 additional sockeye per family. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...1787&year=2013

Just fished for one hour broke 2 rims caught 4 fish .I guess there's a reason I brought 5 rims

Slow day above the bridge. I have to get back home, so had to cut out early, but from 7:30-2:30 we got 7 or 8 reds and 4 kings. Charter guys downstream all limited quickly again.

Sent by my communicator

Dippers are catching alot of kings most are small but in good shape

80 in 3 hours in the Canyon 3 guys Tuesday morning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast