Thread: 3 legged Bear

Default 3 legged Bear

It starts with last year. I had pictures from the trail camera of a cinnamon with its front left leg broken. The leg was literally dangling. The bear was somewhat skinny looking and I figured that it would not survive. Move on to this year and sure enough guess who shows up? Same bear is back! He's looking really good and healthy minus the leg. About 3/4 of the leg is gone and healed up. Beautiful looking dark chocolate hide and plenty of fat on him. Goes to show how tough Bears are! Same thing happened 3 years ago with a 3 legged Blackie sow. The following year she showed up with 2 cubs. I feel lucky to have witnessed this twice. Anybody else seen this sort of thing?

Yes, have seen two before. Both small sows.

That's pretty neat to see, especially the following year....the same bear healed up.
    Incredible odds to overcome I'm sure.
    Can't imagine the pain them suckers must go through to survive sometimes.
    BK

Sure would be nice to see a photo or two. Things are a little skimpy in the photo dept this year. Be nice to see a cinnamon w/ or without all of its legs. ARR

I will work on getting some photos on here tonight

I had a similar bear that I killed at my bait a few years ago. An old boar around 6', his rear left foot and above was all missing, it had been like that for years it appeared as it was well healed. He walked around with a limp as you'll see in the vid but he was very healthy and the leg didn't seem to phase him. It is amazing what these bears can survive, would like to see pics of your bear. Here is a vid of the bear I got.

That is an awesome video! I have never heard a death moan like that before. Cool stuff. All the bear kills I have been in on have had multiple rifle slugs through its lungs....maybe that's why?

Quote Originally Posted by pa_pride View Post
    That is an awesome video! I have never heard a death moan like that before. Cool stuff. All the bear kills I have been in on have had multiple rifle slugs through its lungs....maybe that's why?
    Yeah the death moan was awesome it was a perfect double lunger, most bears I killed with my bow gave a death moan. I haven't heard it on any of my rifle killed bears.