Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine for subsitence forgery??

Default Fine for subsitence forgery??

I was talking with a few people I know very little, they said they had their substince liscense. I asked them how, as they have only been in the state for maybe six months. They said, "I lied, they'll never check." I found this to be BS and told them so. I am just curious of what kind of trouble they will get in if caught.

Not too sure of the penalty. However if you don't report them, you're condoning their actions with your silence.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I absolutely agree, I think this one of the fundamental attitude problems with society. "If I dont do it, somebody else will" I am just curious of the fine. Both are couple of blowhards so Im not sure if they are telling the truth or just mouthing off.

...telling the truth or mouthing off.

That is what the Troopers are here for. If they are just mouthing off, they will hopefully get the message to stop spreading fertilizer. If it's the truth, the message will be much more costly.

Please allow the Troopers to do their job.

I forgot to mention, thank you for allowing us to help reinforce your correct intentions. Do what's right and stop what is being done wrong.

And the troopers read the forum, so you might as well save them some time and drop a dime.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

The state literally pays people to hand check all "resident" fishing licenses, I suspect they do the same for subsistence permits. The folks you describe will get a letter and fine in the mail, perhaps more, not sure if subsistence fines are higher.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there is no such thing as a subsistence licens.. and the state is HARD on those who claim false residency..

edit.. subsistence MIGHT be Federal lands hunting and fishing.. HOWEVER..

federal regs for residency are the same as state... and if lying for fed. regs.. then USFWS are also involved.. penalties depend on their hippie status.. ( more hippie less penalty)

(mike.... )
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    I was talking with a few people I know very little, they said they had their substince liscense. I asked them how, as they have only been in the state for maybe six months. They said, "I lied, they'll never check." I found this to be BS and told them so. I am just curious of what kind of trouble they will get in if caught.
    You can either choose to be part of the solution, or part of the problem. If you choose to be part of the solution, call 1-800-478-3377 or the nearest Alaska State Troopers office and tell them what you know.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I am sure he is referring to the low income $5 license. Not "subsistence" per se, but often referred to as such.
    Total B U L L ****e, IMHO.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Can't believe how cheap people can be. Can't afford a regular license so they go the $5 route? Don't men have pride anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    I'd drop a dime on them in a heartbeat. If you don't want to do it yourself, post their names here, and I'll be one of about 100 people that will bust them for you.

I wonder if he ment a dipnet harvest card? That is another one often called Subsistence that actually is not.
    Still whatever it is they did it does not sound legal and they should be busted for it.
    Most likely they will face a fine of a few hundred bucks. It would be nice if they also lost their fishing privaleges up here for a couple of years. That would really sting most fishermen more than money.
    Whatever you do not let them get away with this.
    If you are not comfortable turning them in pm their names and any other relavent info to another forum member so they can recieve their due justice.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

send me their names and I'll make sure the correct people handle this
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Yep..bust those balls...wake em up..make them realize that others do care and that having a big mouth in AK will get you into trouble..Lots of guys have been investigated over the year because of this forum alone...good stuff. Although..if it goes unreported..then falls on deaf ears. You obviously considered it before posting..now that you have unanimous support..get the facts and do what is right.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    I am sure he is referring to the low income $5 license. Not "subsistence" per se, but often referred to as such.
    Total B U L L ****e, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I wonder if he ment a dipnet harvest card? That is another one often called Subsistence that actually is not.
    Still whatever it is they did it does not sound legal and they should be busted for it.
    Most likely they will face a fine of a few hundred bucks. It would be nice if they also lost their fishing privaleges up here for a couple of years. That would really sting most fishermen more than money.
    Whatever you do not let them get away with this.
    If you are not comfortable turning them in pm their names and any other relavent info to another forum member so they can recieve their due justice.
    if i am NOT mistaken... i beleive BOTH instances here are avalible for RESIDENTS only.. i know the dip net fishery is resident only.. not 100% about the $5 license.. though i believe i am... and the penalties for lieing for te cheap license are above and beyond the penalty for claiming residnecy before you can. either way... privledges are taken away. and again Resident is 1 year.. not 6 months
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Res Class 5A ($5.00 License) is for residents only
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Default Sage Advice

I took all your advice and it turned out pretty comical. I saw one of the guys at a BBQ of a friend of a friends house. I asked him about the situation and he got extremely defensive and threw in some personal attacks on myself that were vulgar and rude. Well after a broken deck railing and an attitude adjustment, he admitted that he was just mouthing off. I dont think that he will say things like that again and Im pretty sure that my BBQ days at that household are over. Anyway, keep on keeping Alaska the great place that it is.

Priceless!!..lol good job, BBQs are better at your own house with family and friends.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Right on. Glad it got resolved. Let us know when the next BBQ is. Lol
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast