Thread: Chitina mooching info

Default Chitina mooching info

I haven't seen any posts on flossing reds around the Chitina area? I'm not sure if the regs cover it. I do like all the dipnetting videos and many fish wheel setups. Can anyone provide areas and rules for fishing the area? I'm up the 10th and numbers on the Kenai and Russian are not looking promising .

water is extreamly dark [ dirty ] don't think you can snag , if you fish with rod a reel the limit is ? there is a river in copper center thay they catch fish with rod an reel I was told the limit is 5 fish but not sure check regs

The river in copper center is the klutina river and the limit is 3 per day for reds! Good fishing when the fish are in!

watch the banks and dont go wading. Depending on where you are its a extremely fast drop off about 3 steps out, dont ask how we found out LOL!

The numbers on the copper arent looking promising either. down from the average 1/3rd or less of the average over the last 5 or so years. Mid june is a toughy. You get that first push and than a pause between that and the big run normally. THis year may or may not be different. who knows it could be a mad dash flood of fish all at once, which would be a blast!

read the regs and understand daily vs possession and look up the definition of possession.

Thanks for the info. The sat photos look like a moderate flow with gravel banks so I thought you could fish with a fly rod and twitch. I'm up the 10th to the 13th and would rather hunt the fish than fight the crowds. The upper Klutina is on the bucket list to fly in and fish. Fli