Thread: Best wood stove for tipi

Default Best wood stove for tipi

I just bought a used 8 man Kifaru. Now I want a wood stove.

What brand stove do folks like best?
    - Kifaru
    - Seek Outside
    - Titanium goat
    - Other

http://www.edtsbackcountry.com/#!products for lightweight and a small 4dog or Cylinder for when weight doesn't matter(pipe diameter adapted) .

The collapsible stoves leak a lot more air and thus burn control is difficult. I've used the small Four Dog Titanium for a decade in my 12 Tipi and love it.

If you can hold tight for a month or so Kifaru is going to put out a collapsable super light weight Ti stove. Rumor has it that it will weigh less than 3lbs including vent pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    If you can hold tight for a month or so Kifaru is going to put out a collapsable super light weight Ti stove. Rumor has it that it will weigh less than 3lbs including vent pipe.
    Good point Ronster. I have seen pictures of the new stove and existing Kifaru users are very excited about it. In fact, several Kifaru users talked about selling their existing stove. Maybe, I can just get one of those used stoves...

But patience was never my strong suit...

I've used both the collapsible Kifaru and the large TI Goat stove. The TI Goat is more air tight and comes with a damper for the stove pipe. Between the two, we both prefer the TI Goat stove. My only gripe is that the hole where you feed the stove is too small. I enlarged the hole and think I may have eliminated that inconvenience. Enjoy your tipi, I love mine.

The SO medium is built a lot tighter than the Kifaru small I had, is lighter, and cheaper. If you go with a box look hard at the SO.