Thread: Homer Charters

Default Homer Charters

I'm planning on being in Homer last week of July, any recommendations on a charter? I'm not looking for monster fish just a fun day on the water and hopefully some fillets to take home.

Default break with the sheckels

Quote Originally Posted by AK Pronghorn View Post
    I'm planning on being in Homer last week of July, any recommendations on a charter? I'm not looking for monster fish just a fun day on the water and hopefully some fillets to take home.
    You'll want to decide if you want a short range trip on a large boat with dozens of anglers - for less money - or if you'd like a more premium experience on a boat that has only 6 anglers - for more money.

This forum is a good place to find the latter. For the former, you'll want to cruise groupon.com, travel discount sites or such to get a real deal.

I'd strongly recommend going with a smaller boat for more money. Some events you only get a few chances at and for most people this is one of them. For a few extra sheckels it'll be tons better.

Well if it is July this year then any charter that is worth recommending will already be full up most likely. Unless they have had some cancellations.
    I would personally recommend Ron Hurley of in2fishin charters if he has an opening. He has a very nice boat and catches a lot of nice fish. I saw pics of one last year that was 270# and three years ago or so a client of his won the Halibut derby.
    http://www.in2fishin.com/
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Mike Mann is awesome.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

+1 what Kasilofchsn said. a good charter, with a good rep, and a nice boat, will have had July and Aug booked fairly solid before the end of May. The only real chance of getting on with one right now would be due to a last minute cancellation. My suggestion would be to write or email the Homer Chamber of Commerce and they'll send you a visitors guide and you can start calling all the charters listed in the guide looking for an opening. Or you could google up the Homer Charter Association for a list of charters...