Thread: Eagle Beach/Boyscout Camp

Default Eagle Beach/Boyscout Camp

Anyone know where out there one can actually fish for dollies? I went out there today hearing how incredible the dollie fishing was and saw a sign that said you cant fish for them out there from the camp to a point north equivalent with sentinel island light for the months of April and May. Are parts of the drainage open for fishing?

Pure "juneau rumor mill" cited as the source here, but I heard something about their deal with the state for the land grant including tideland and underwater land-rights, but they've agreed to "leave it alone" as far as fishing is concerned.

Given the drive and hike, I think I'd rather fish Amalga... are the net pens sitting in there yet this year?

Fix a head this morning, 2 charters today, 5-Finger/Petersburg tomorrow... see y'all in a week!

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

talked to a F&G guy today working on the peterson weir he said most of the overwintering dollies stay in windfall lake, which would explain the closure.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

better question, Whats the returns looking like on the weir?

I think we'll never know, AKPM was supposed to get on the ferry and drive up north for the summer.

They don't know what the returns are like because its gona take a few months to analyze there data, last week's snorkle survey said a couple dozen. I think monday will be for catching 20 inch res bows thank god I'm out of the gloom pit that is juneau.

PS isn't all of Eagle/ Herbert rivers open for dollie fishing? Just not in the salt
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Good point Pat, the Dolly closure is listed under saltwater regs and only talks about boundaries from the beach out to 1/4 mile. So if you can find a spot of clear water in either drainage, I'd say you're good to go.