Thread: Plumbing Work in Alaska

Default Plumbing Work in Alaska

So. I'm a plumber in Alabama. My wife and I are considering relocation to Alaska. I'm pretty sure that not everyone in Alaska is sprinting to an outhouse every morning. So do any of you know any plumbers up there? Is there plenty of work?

One of my sons is a plumber/pipefitter in Ketchikan and he works for a local contractor and is quite busy. There on two main plumbing contractors in town but don't know if either are hiring.

I'm a plumber in the anchorage area. It's been really slow so far this summer. Normally work is pretty booked out by now but that's not the case this year. I've been watching Craigslist for job postings and not much has been coming up.

For sure get your journeyman test lined up before you get here. If you are going to look for work in anchorage you will need to take another journeyman test for that place. Both licenses with fees will set you back a out 500 bucks if you past both tests the first time😁. Seen a lot of plumbers from out of state not have their ducks Ina row with regards to that and it turns into a real pain

Probably gonna be quite a bit of natural gas plumbing work in the Homer area over the next few years, if you're into that.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

That stinks that it is slow in Anchorage. Right now I own a small service company and I stay slammed. It would take some learning on my part to start fitting natural gas but it sounds cleaner than what I do now.