Thread: Cannery loop parking closure!

Default Cannery loop parking closure!

This is just a heads up to those dippers who like to park against the old Marathon,now Hillcorp fence on cannery loop in Kenai.
    Parking against this fence will now result in your vehicle being towed and will be strictly enforced by the Alaska State Troopers.
    There are active gas wells on the pad and hilcorp has determined it is unsafe for people to park against the fence.
    No parking signs as well as signs stating no smoking/open flames have been ordered and will be hung on the fence.
    Do not think that you can park there even for short periods as this tow away zone will be strictly enforced.
    Someone I know real well has spearheaded this and it doesn't sound as though any leniency will be granted.
    It sure would suck to come back from dipping and find your vehicle missing.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Should make things even more interesting than "normal" for the masses. I feel so fortunate to live so close to the river i'm afforded the ability to catch all my red rod an reel!

You know I got the impression from the person I talked to that they let it go on for too long. They put up with it for a number of years but as this fishery grows uncontrolled it just was getting out of hand.
    When operators have trouble getting in to do their jobs because of the sheer number of disrespectfull dippers parking there they got tired of dealing with it.
    So basically these people shot themselves in the foot. Had they showed a little more respect and kept their parking reasonable we probably wouldn't have had this free parking area closed.
    Then again more and more I get the feeling that we will continue to see this level of behavior from the dipnet crowd. It has gotten so big there are just too many of the goofballs in the bunch that will ruin things for everybody else.
    Sure it might only be 1 or 2 % but as this fishery continues its uncontrolled growth the 1 or 2% equals more and more people who are ruining things for everybody.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"