Thread: South Rolly Lake

Default South Rolly Lake

Headed out there for some camping, kayaking and hopefully, fishing. Has anyone had any luck catching trout snce they've restocked in 2012? Sounds like before that, fishing was poor due to pike.

Quote Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
    Headed out there for some camping, kayaking and hopefully, fishing. Has anyone had any luck catching trout snce they've restocked in 2012? Sounds like before that, fishing was poor due to pike.
    I am surprised to hear F&G restocked South Rolly with trout. Is your information accurate? If so, there will be some plump pike in there this summer. I have only fished pike in that lake system...Never saw sign of any trout since I started fishing that area 6 years ago. Either way, I hope you have good weather and enjoy!

According to ADF&G it was stocked last year. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ail&LakeID=299 I use to catch trout in South Rolley. Its been about 6 years but I use to always catch trout. Never any thing big though. The last time I was there though I fished for Pike more than I did trout, again that was like 6 or 7 years ago though.

yes south rolley was stocked. last year I was out there and the little guys were every were! I found that when you find all the little stocker trout you have found pike as well. I seen a ton of nice pike chaseing the schools of trout and the ocasional flying out of the water it was pretty cool but then again there was some very large trout running with the stocked trout. I will be out there this weekend as well trying to catch some whopper pike and maybe some trout.

Hmmm, might give it a go then. Camping was cancelled but we still might head that way for a picnic and some kayaking tomorrow. Supposed to be great weather.

Did you end up fishing south rolly at all? I was thinking about taking the family up there today, hoping to hear of some trout being caught or maybe some pike..?