Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Copper River Trip Report Thread

Default 2013 Copper River Trip Report Thread

Ok none as yet but they announced the 1st opening:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static-sf...a%20130604.pdf
    Mind is weighing the very early trip....last year same plan for an early trip but the Huge early numbers and the supplemental got too many folks heading down early and I bailed. Waiting 2 days to get out on a charter wasn't in the plan for me. Mmmmm, could have a net in the water in less than a weeks time. and a fresh red on the barbie on the weekend! Now that's what I call summer!
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

In a bind here. Planned on renting a boat and leaving Anchorage Monday evening to fish above the bridge Tuesday-Wednesday return before noon Thursday. Went out to run some errands today and blew a cylinder in my only ride. Thankfully it didn't happen up in the mountains somewhere.

So, looking for someone who can go in on the trip that can pull a 20'er w/ 50 horse.

Default Love the Logo

Classy!

When are the shirts available? Actually, how about a hat?

Sounds like the fishing is hot down there. Look forward to hearing more reports. I'll be southbound on Thursday. Incredible numbers passing through Miles Lake right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Sounds like the fishing is hot down there. Look forward to hearing more reports. I'll be southbound on Thursday. Incredible numbers passing through Miles Lake right now!
    Yay! Packing right now to meet Gr8fl there. There will be reports in a day or two.

Looking to see if there is an actual charter service where you can Dip net from a boat??? ...no drop offs

None that I know of. There used to be one, but he just kind of disappeared. Think he had some health issues.

Im in chitina now will ask the locals if I hear anything will post

Brother Francis... How do you have Internet out there?

Sent by my communicator

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Brother Francis... How do you have Internet out there?

Sent by my communicator
    Man...I just wish my cell phone would work , let alone the internet

Yeah, no kidding. I have to drive back past the airport to the bluff overlook to get a call out. And data there is iffy and slow.

My cell works at the boat launch on the east side of the bridge. I can get my e-mails, post to facebook and on here, etc.

I guess AT&T hasn't gotten with the program

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    My cell works at the boat launch on the east side of the bridge. I can get my e-mails, post to facebook and on here, etc.
    ACS or GCI? It sure isn't AT&T....

I was out silver fishing from Valdez a few years back, and my phone got no service on the water and out a ways. Guy from Kansas had perfect reception and we were listening to Pandora. Who'd he have? Verizon. Before Verizon got here. And it worked better than my phone that I've had since AT&T was Alascom.

I've got ACS. My family that dipnets with me all have AT&T and barely get a bar.

Heading out in the morning to dipnet through Sunday if needed. Hoping it stays hot down there. We've got three in my boat, all with proxy's, so we're shooting for 180. Got 4 more coming down on Friday night, two with proxy's for 45. If we do it right, we'll come back to Fairbanks with 345 fish.

Good luck!

Just an FYI to anyone going: It's really buggy out this year. It's been really buggy everywhere I've been up here this summer come to think of it. Bring bug dope...the skeeters and gnats and some sort of little biting fly come out in force at night and when the breeze dies. Even getting gas in Glennallen I was swarmed so bad I quickly got back into my truck while it pumped.

I got ACS and had good service in the canyon. Had my limit in 3 1/2 hours dippin by myself. Most of the time was spent gettin them out of the net, bonkin,snippin and puttin them on the stringer. Several doubles and two triples and one 30 pound king. Good workout and I am alittle sore this morning. Cold Beer and Fresh fish on the grill tonight will help that! Good luck, Be safe.
    P.S. River levels were alittle high but not bad at all for dippin.

Has anyone taken wheelers down the road yet? How were the conditions?

Did fine today, Thrus the 13th. 33 reds and a nice sized king. Had a proxie, so could of caught 60 but the back was saying that's enough and I am very happy with it.
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast