Thread: Is Snug Harber Road Cooper Landing Open

Default Is Snug Harber Road Cooper Landing Open

Is Snug Harber road open to Cooper Lake? I was thinking of fishing the Lake this weekend.

I went down there on Memorial weekend but only went as far as the power plant so up till there it was open. I'm not sure how much further Cooper Lake is.
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by little dave View Post
    Is Snug Harber road open to Cooper Lake? I was thinking of fishing the Lake this weekend.
    As of a week ago- no. It was snowed in just a minute or 2 past the winter access parking lot.

Here what it looked couple days ago ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370416569.452848.jpg
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

thank you all much looks like that might not work out this weekend

I just returned. The road is passable but the lake is still frozen. It looks close to breaking, but the bigger issue is about a hundred feet of ice between the launch and the lake. The lake is very low, which leaves a ton of shore ice. I would guess it will be a week or two to launch anything you can't carry.

I was at Kenai Lake over Memorial Day WE got to Quartz creek Thursday only boat in BOAT PARKING LOT came out on Sunday and cars were double parking in Boat Parking had words with one couple. Asked them to please leave the boat parking lot to to boats. Asked the Forest service to put the signs back up. Enough of my rant!

Only bear seen were 2 Brown bear boar, with a sow. On hillside halfway to the Island. Cooper lake Rd opening is usually after Mem. WE but who knows this spring.

thank you for the help. looks like we will have to try somewhere alts.

curious to know when this lake opens up as well. if it warms up won't the water in the lake come back up from run off? that would get the ice moving out a bit faster.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I think the water level will be down they are working on the DAM I THINK could be wrong

Has anyone found out if snug harbor rd is open all the way to cooper lake. Thinking of taking the boat down tomorrow.

I was wondering the same thing- anyone been to Cooper Lake?

The road is all clear and the lake has been ice free for a couple days now. Spent the last 3 days down there. A few people out running skiffs, zodiacs and canoe looking for bears.

hows the water level this year? could i launch my boat there or is it wayyy low like last year?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It is way low. Launching could be an issue with anything but a small boat or canoe. Definitely need a 4 x 4.