Thread: How's the Halibut Fishing in Seward?

Question How's the Halibut Fishing in Seward?

I have a Halibut trip with Crackerjack Charter the Tuesday after Memorial Day, and I was wanting to get an update on the Halibut fishing out of Seward. Anyone been out there in the last week or so?

Went out with Profishnsea last Friday. Five people came up one fish short of limits on halibut 20-80 lbs. Got limits of yelloweye, too. Might have got more halibut but couldn't keep the lings off our hooks...literally. Too bad they aren't in season till July. By the timeframe your talking about, and with Crackerjack, you guys should do real well. I'm with them a couple days after you on the 31st - can't wait!
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Default cool

Thanks for the reply, nickster. The limit is two per person, right? (For the Alaska Fishing Virgins!! )

Yep, two halibut per person a day. I sent you a PM as well.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Default Seward trip

Crackerjack is a top notch fishing machine. Post a pic of your trip.

Default Seward Fishing

Will do. I hope the halibut fishing is good. I will post pictures when I get them... Anyone else hit the Halibut fishing out of Seward? How about the Salmon fishing?

went out today everyone limited out with smaller halibut. Got into a ton of cod

Great Info. Anyone else fishing out of Seward, keep the stories coming!

My friend went out and they caught one over #200
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Aggie,

Since you are one who obviously likes to see/hear the reports, check out this site. These guys post regular pics from their trips. That's me with my nephew on the right of the photo for May 11.

http://www.profish-n-sea.com/scrap_book.asp

It will probably only get better as the summer progresses.

Just curious how far "out" of Seward you guys are/have gone to successfully catch halibut of any size. Or are you simply talking about Montegue?

Here is a picture from Saturday. Alaskan Summertime Charters. Captain Chad. 224-3277.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rub it in Daniels, rub it in
    You got those numbers for me yet????
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Cool Seward Fishing Picking up FAST

I've done several trips now with my favorite guys at Profish-n-Sea Charters and so far the fishing has been very good. Plenty of nice fish in the 60-100lb range.
    As for Capt. Steve Zernia, Capt. Ben & Capt Kevin, you just can't ask for better guys to fish with who will give it their all throughout the day to give you the best chances at coming home with some nice fish.

I've fished with these guys for many years and look forward to many more. Give them a shout, then give them a try...once you do, you'll be back for more, guaranteed!!
    Last edited by Beartraks; 05-17-2007 at 00:15. Reason: error in spelling

Default Numbers

Ak. Gray. Yep you just go to Cape Cleare. Go out until you hit 200 feet of water on that one pinnacle. Drop your anchor and wait. They'll come.

Default crackerjack

Hey Aggie

Let me know after your trip what you think .I have a july combo trip booked with them.

thank

David

I will. I am pumped about the fishing reports I have been seeing!