Thread: Ruger 10/22 takedown

Default Ruger 10/22 takedown

I have been wanting one of these since they came out but decided to hold off as new products always seem to have issues in the beginning. Now that they have been out for a year or so what are everyones thoughts? Any issues with the takedown portion or any relibility/ accuracy issues compared to a standard 10/22? They seem so be in stock almost everywhere again at a good price too. I may bite the bullet on one this week. Does it still fit in the bag if you mount an optic on the receiver?

I own three of them, I only wish they would offer it in .22 Magnum. I cut the buttstock off on the chopsaw, and install a slip-on recoil pad. This allows room for survival fishing gear, fire-steel, first-aid, small flash light, etc. I then use electrical tape to water-proof this area. Survival gear is also inside two zip-lock bags, that serve as canteens. The package is then packed for remote cache.

Great little rifle. I bought 3 and gave one to a guide I fish with. Neat set up and it fits well. Yes, there is room for an optic in the bag. I plan to do what AGL4now has done and make it the perfect little survival package. I don't think you will regret the purchase!

Great little rifle. Yes accurate as the average 10/22, the takedown is adjustable and very well designed. Yes your scope fits in the bag . . . A caution on scope and mount choice, some normal 10/22 combinations will require removal of the rear sight because sigh hits the scope bell when you twist the takedown.

Job one when ya get it is to learn how the funky bolt lock on it works, it‘s kind of an odd deal to operate at first . Bolt must be back to takedown, if your holding it manually and it slips loose before the extractor notch in the barrel is lined up you’ll bend or brake the extractor.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Great little rifle. Yes accurate as the average 10/22, the takedown is adjustable and very well designed. Yes your scope fits in the bag . . . A caution on scope and mount choice, some normal 10/22 combinations will require removal of the rear sight because sigh hits the scope bell when you twist the takedown.

Job one when ya get it is to learn how the funky bolt lock on it works, it‘s kind of an odd deal to operate at first . Bolt must be back to takedown, if your holding it manually and it slips loose before the extractor notch in the barrel is lined up you’ll bend or brake the extractor.
    Awesome this is the kind of Info I was looking to thanks!

Couple weeks ago Freddies in Eagle River had them on sale for $269. I've owned one since they were announced but picked up a spare because of the great price.

Yup same as the others I bought one and love the gun. I was looking to buy a 10/22 anyway then this came out and I am glad I bought one.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I own three of them, I only wish they would offer it in .22 Magnum. I cut the buttstock off on the chopsaw, and install a slip-on recoil pad. This allows room for survival fishing gear, fire-steel, first-aid, small flash light, etc. I then use electrical tape to water-proof this area. Survival gear is also inside two zip-lock bags, that serve as canteens. The package is then packed for remote cache.
    This is a great idea. Package this along with a light weight 44mag, a little dry food, satellite phone and keep it in your bush plane. The whole package could be as light as five pounds and cover most guys in most situations.

Now if we could only find those little things that make it go bang, we could all enjoy our little plinkers again......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!