Thread: Still in pain after selling two guns...

Default Still in pain after selling two guns...

I read somewhere that Ruger is finally producing the 5.5" barreled Super Redhawk in .454 Casull again. Turns out the rumor is true. I went to work at Sportsman's in Wasilla this afternoon, and we had just got two of them in stock. I sold them both within half an hour of clocking in. I think I'm going to put the next one that comes in on layaway if I get the chance.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Yup.

TALO EXCLUSIVE
    RUKSRH5454
    SUPER REDHAWK 454CAS SS 5" AS
    454 CasullUPC: 736676055173 MFG MDL #: 5517

MSRP: $1,115.00
    This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but it does not meanthat it is currently in-stock. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

That's the one! I've been wanting this gun for a LONG time. Customers come first though, so I had to sell them. As long as I'm not working though, I'm a customer. I'll have one eventually. I've never handled a Ruger revolver that I didn't like. Thanks for the pic!

By the way, Sportsman's price on that gem is currently $919.99.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Fwiw, we have two of these on the rack as of quitting time today. The are less than msrp by a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Fwiw, we have two of these on the rack as of quitting time today. The are less than msrp by a good bit.
    I bet they both sell tomorrow. I'm in school from 0800 to 1830, otherwise I'd be there to grab one.

here is the one i just got a few days ago. i hope to pick it up off layaway in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I read somewhere that Ruger is finally producing the 5.5" barreled Super Redhawk in .454 Casull again. Turns out the rumor is true. I went to work at Sportsman's in Wasilla this afternoon, and we had just got two of them in stock. I sold them both within half an hour of clocking in. I think I'm going to put the next one that comes in on layaway if I get the chance.
    Is it the same as this thing?: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=347107357

And is it 5.5" or 5" if you know? (Not that it matters much, but just curious).

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    Is it the same as this thing?: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=347107357

And is it 5.5" or 5" if you know? (Not that it matters much, but just curious).
    Yep. Same one. It's a 5", not a 5.5. I was wrong in the initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    Yep. Same one. It's a 5", not a 5.5. I was wrong in the initial post.
    Thanks AK. I could not find it on Ruger's website. It looks like a nice-sized .454. Though it may be fine for those that have them, I have never been a big fan of the snubby Alaskan, but that Toklat looks about right to me.

I picked one up at WWG on Monday morning. Can't wait to shoot it!

We got three more in at Wasilla Sportsman's last week. There was one left as of close tonight. It's killing me that I can't afford one right now. I hope they are still around at PFD time this year...

hit up gun runners. they have 1 left and they do layaway. thats how i got mine.

Just pick mine up at Three Bears on KGB. They are expecting a few more within the next few weeks.
    Nice revolver in a great caliber...

Well just stepped up some 45 colt loads with some Star-line Brass and it is a dream to shoot. Just waiting on my dies for the Casull so I can load up some 325 gr loads.
    I have heard Ruger is now going to Produce this Revolver as a Production item. So much for this being a limited run.
    At least I have one of the first one's and I really like the way it shoots and fills...

As Always carry ENOUHG GUN...

Quote Originally Posted by skeet396 View Post
    Well just stepped up some 45 colt loads with some Star-line Brass and it is a dream to shoot. Just waiting on my dies for the Casull so I can load up some 325 gr loads.
    I have heard Ruger is now going to Produce this Revolver as a Production item. So much for this being a limited run.
    At least I have one of the first one's and I really like the way it shoots and fills...

Sounds good. Why not load up some 454 with the 45 Colt dies? What kind of 45 Colt dies are you using?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default good marketing...

Ruger has generally been a smart company about making what will sell at a profit. (Their orginal larger caliber semi-auto pistols were one noticeable exception.) The 5" SuperRedhawk should sell well - at least in AK.

In a large caliber revolver I want the weight forward in the barrel instead of in the frame to help as much as possible with muzzle flip. The Redhawk appeals to me more in a 5 1/2" .454.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet396 View Post

Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Beautiful gun

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Using RCBS Dies, but my 454 Dies are here now, Got to find some primers now. didn't know 454 Casull used small rifle primers.

I personally wish they'd make the new 480 in this barrel length.
    Steve