Thread: Bimi top repair

Default Bimi top repair

I need to have my bimi top repaired. Anyone have some recommended shops or ones to stay away from?

All the side curtains etc are good but the top piece with the aluminum frame may have to be replaced.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Busters, without a doubt, if you're in or near Anchorage, just got mine back from them this week for a hole patch and a few snaps replaced.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

You might call Kevin's upholstery..He is close to you and does great work. 276-7974

Another vote for Busters. They do quality work and I plan on taking mine in to get a full canvas put on
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

What are the thoughts on Fine Line Interiors near Dewey's?
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Ben's daughter at Silver Streak in town does boat tops and there is the canvas shop on the palmer wasilla hwy forgot the name but the owners name is Rick 357 8555.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I've heard good things about Fine Line and, for that matter, every business mentioned in this thread. If they didn't do decent work they wouldn't be in business or be getting referrals here. The big deal this time of year is finding a shop that isn't booked weeks in advance. I bet I'll be talking to one of them after a couple trips in my open boat and coming home looking like a drowned rat. Or now that I have my windshield installed I could build that hard top I was scheming on this past winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I have had Doug do some work for me and his work is top shelf. All the vendors mentioned above have great reputations. Availability this time of year is another story.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Another vote for Ben's daughter at Silver Streak! They treat the customer right!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Another vote for Ben's daughter at Silver Streak! They treat the customer right!
    And another vote. She's great.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    And another vote. She's great.
    I spent $500 to have 5 plastic windows changed on the canvas last spring on my boat with silverstreak. By the fall, the plastic had pulled through the stitches in the corners on 3 windows. Used the boat no differently then I had before. I sent it in last month and asked if I could get a discount to repair it since I never had the problem before and they had just changed them. I was told to send it in. They said it wasn't their fault, and I had to pay the $3-4 hundred again to repair it. I will send it to the other dealers you guys listed above next time.

Silver streak did two zippers for me last year and couple of snaps. They did a fair job at a fair price, and done one time. No more zipper leaks.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

+2 for both silver steak (Bens daughter) and also Busters did some work for me. Busters is into my third season for my ocean boat (so I would go back) and 5th season on my river boat work. Like them both.

I only wish they would travel to Seward, but no luck on that.
    Tony

Alaska tent and tarp replaced a bunch of broken pulls on zippers, and re-stitched a torn window for $65. No problems!

Called silver streak. They wont make just a new top (its the only piece I need). Busters is out of town. Guess I will try back there before making any decisions.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.