Thread: Petersville

Default Petersville

Anybody been down Petersville road? What's the conditions?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

As of Thursday and Friday here is a report from Trapper Creek Inn and Ride Petersville Facebook page:
    "Petersville Rd is washed-out at mile 23 and mile 17.2 is being repaired - one lane only." - Trapper Creek Inn FB page
    "
    OK with that being said.... MELTING - WATER - MUD!!! Petersville Rd is washed out just past where it intersects with the East West Express Trail (mile 22.5). Still lots of snow patches that are about 2 -3 feet deep on road!!! DEEP SINK HOLES - WATCH OUT!! The wash out at Mile 17 is being repaired but is only one lane. Miners are waiting and ready... but the road is no where close for trucks to go down. They pushed the snow back at Kenny Creek Parking lot. Parking at Shulin Lake Trailhead - I went most of the way down the Shulin Lake Trail - very muddy at end before hill. ATV time!!! Summer is on its way....." - Ride Petersville FB page

Thanks for the info, This summer "SUCKS" My atv trails we use have been under water for a week Guess I'll go halibut fishing
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I hear you, I bear bait in the trapper creek area and gave up on it this spring. Too much snow and now water to deal with. Fishing sounds like a grand plan!

Oil well road sucks past first bridge, was own there Saturday.

Default Oilwell

Quote Originally Posted by Hausser View Post
    Oil well road sucks past first bridge, was own there Saturday.
    Ya, oilwell is tore up bad, I bottomed out in my silverado in the ruts tryin to get into fish amber lake only to find out that the lake was still iced over

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

rode the petersville road today about 20 miles in....pretty good all the way to the second bridge but there are a few areas that are pretty sketchy...Not sure a truck could make it all the way thru yet...This is due to several complete wash outs that someone was good enough to cut some spruce logs and fill in the gaps...couple areas with lots of snow up in the mountains with flowing waterfalls...Good riding!!!

A buddy of mine and I made it back to Cache Creek the 12th. There are a lot of places that are iffy but we drove a Nissan Titan back there with no issues.