Thread: Runners On 19 Ft Grumman

Default Runners On 19 Ft Grumman

I Hope This Works For Yor See The Runners On 19 Ft Fra. Has Ben On For About 15 Years

Man I'll bet you that boat tracks straight & just about takes 2 men & a boy to turn!!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default runners on 19' Grumman....

Thanks, Sid....

Your runners look trick. I'm sure they will also somewhat strengthen the bottom.

Three questions: What grade and demensions of aluminum channel did you use.... how are the runners attached to the bottom...bolts or aircraft-type rivets.... and, is there any leakage or did you use some kind of sealant?

Thanks for the post and pictures. Good fodder for thought for those of us who like to traverse those log jammed rivers that the river boat crowd avoids.

Default Runners

# 1 you don't paddle a 19 FT very far
    # all runners are bolted to the bottom with a good sealent this will help to potect the bottol when going up/down a river/stream under power

Default Runners

The runners are 1 inch wide 1/2 inch high the metal is 1/8 inch thick this will come in 20 FT sticks
    an you apply them to the bottom of conoe they will be bolted to the botton thru the ribs, with a sealent to stop sand an small rocks from getting in there. bolts are conter sunk into the runners
    do not drill thru any of the rivets, an it don't make much differance if it is to the leading or trailing edge of the ribs an make shure that they are parrel to the keel
    this mod will help your peace of mind when you are back in the woods 40 or 50 miles an you get on some rocks with your conoe or going down the Tyone River out of the Big lakes in unit 13 or going down the Big Sue up near Cantwell

Here is my 19ft Frieghter. I bought it used years ago. I thought the runners were stock. So these are an aftermarket add on? Mine are also bolted on and sealed with sealant. No leaks at all. What do you think these do the value of the canoe? Increase or decrease?

Default Runners

It looks like one of the ones that I did, glad to here it is still holding up

Sid

Default Runners

I think I put runners on 8 canoe's up here so there are some more out there,
    they shure help when going up or down rivers under power helps to potect the bottom from rocks that I seem to hit enery time I go out,
    PS have not gone out for a few years now
    SID